Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin crashes when SSBM is finished loading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Super Smash Sister

Every time I try to boot up Melee, it says it needs to close. I'm really fed up with it.Angry
I have a black screen while it's loading, then the instant it says "Loaded" Dolphin crashes.
Specs (i know it's a really old pc but it can emulate the first SSB just fine)
Processor: 1.50GHz
248 MB of RAM
WINDOWS XP Home Edition x32
Version 2002 Service Pack 2
I really wanna play this game! Please help.Sad
(08-26-2010, 05:01 PM)Super Smash Sister Wrote: [ -> ]Every time I try to boot up Melee, it says it needs to close. I'm really fed up with it.Angry
I have a black screen while it's loading, then the instant it says "Loaded" Dolphin crashes.
248 MB of RAM

Please tell me that processor is a dual core.
Anyways, your specs seem insanely low. Your RAM is prehistoric.
It'll be impossible for you to play games with that rig. Buy a new laptop or desktop with atleast a Dualcore 2.3, 4 GB RAM and a decent 512 or 1GB Video card.
The first SSB is on the N64 and isn't really hard to emulate for a PC, even a 1.20 GHz with 32 MB vid and 256 MB RAM can emulate that thing (Yeah, I have that crappy PC).

If I was you, I would just buy a new decent PC, there's nothing else you could do Undecided, sorry.
Probably his CPU does not support SSE2 so dolphin crashed.
Do not compare PJ64 with dolphin emulator ,people can emulate N64/PS1 on the smartphone but dolphin need a powerful gaming PC to run it at playable speed

Super Smash Sister

(08-26-2010, 05:14 PM)ajaxxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2010, 05:01 PM)Super Smash Sister Wrote: [ -> ]Every time I try to boot up Melee, it says it needs to close. I'm really fed up with it.Angry
248 MB of RAM

Please tell me that processor is a dual core.
Anyways, your specs seem insanely low. Your RAM is prehistoric.
It'll be impossible for you to play games with that rig. Buy a new laptop or desktop with atleast a Dualcore 2.3, 4 GB RAM and a decent 512 or 1GB Video card.

Ah crap.
I have a very powerful Macintosh. Problem is, i don't know how to build Dolphin for it. Sad
Look here: Link for Mac OS X builds. (Well, how to compile them is what I mean.)
or you could use my easy tool Big Grin in my signature. just go to wiki for instructions
Yeah, use shawns tool Big Grin.