Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Question] Is possible to create an auto update to the emulator?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is possible to create an auto update to the emulator?

It would be such nice, click on check updates, and it instal them by himself, it's possible to do?
no because first a lot of version is not come from this team and this version some time has a lot of bugs you only need to compile it with your self
Since the topic is what I was about too ask and the "compile it with your self" part changed.

I would request to add "Update" to Dolphin Menu Smile

OT:diggin in graves
this is in fact possible........someone could add an option to update from mamario's site and automatically replace all the files except for user settings.
The only thing is....no one really wants to......
Now me......well in theory it is possible to do this in perl.......maybe i will try when i get some free time (ex. This upcoming weekend)
could be nice Smile
Would be more interesting than downloading, extracting, replacing Smile

Click -> AutoUpdate, Yes. end Wink
How about an independent program that first checks for a Dolphin update from a specific compiler. If found, it downloads, extracts, moves the files over, and sets the new version as the one to use, update desktop shortcut, then starts Dolphin. So anyone could make it without modifying anything in Dolphin itself. (This way there's no need to argue against it)
True, and alot of "AutoUpdates" work that way, you cant make dolphin to change his .exe file without other program that will close dolphin, delete old one, copy the new one, reopen it Smile
(05-10-2011, 07:23 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]How about an independent program that first checks for a Dolphin update from a specific compiler. If found, it downloads, extracts, moves the files over, and sets the new version as the one to use, update desktop shortcut, then starts Dolphin. So anyone could make it without modifying anything in Dolphin itself. (This way there's no need to argue against it)

Sure, but suggesting is always easier than finding some bored coder who actually implements it Wink
^_^ i know you can Smile

I only know C# Tongue so i dont think people would install mono just to use it for linux Tongue
Quite honestly I think this is absolutely not needed at this stage of developement.
We have several games that run really good already, but I'd still rather have the devs focus on the emulation.

What you suggest is just a small convenience thing.
Pages: 1 2