Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: computer went bad and cant figure out why
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
K i have a vista computer and it just all of a sudden died on cpu strength...everythings in the sig and now my cpu idles at 50% and not really sure why...cant figure it out or anything...could it be the registry or a virus?? idk how it could get on cuz i have norton and nortons a bitch about anything lol Tongue but idk why it just decided to go slow in the last day and a half...throught the times i turned it on it would be a little slow to turn on then it got slower and now it just wont stop with the cpu and wont idle at 1 % anymore...it just stays at 50%...if you can help it would be great thanx
(08-26-2010, 08:34 AM)hansenderek Wrote: [ -> ]K i have a vista computer and it just all of a sudden died on cpu strength...everythings in the sig and now my cpu idles at 50% and not really sure why...cant figure it out or anything...could it be the registry or a virus?? idk how it could get on cuz i have norton and nortons a bitch about anything lol Tongue but idk why it just decided to go slow in the last day and a half...throught the times i turned it on it would be a little slow to turn on then it got slower and now it just wont stop with the cpu and wont idle at 1 % anymore...it just stays at 50%...if you can help it would be great thanx

If you suspect it's the registry, try a system restore. Go back 4-5 days just incase. Do a disk defrag right after. If the problem still persists it might be your hardware.
Hey man, what process is slowing down your system? If it's "system" just reinstalll java (solved my problem). If it's not, I would try what ajaxxx said.

EDIT: Did you try Windows Updates? This solves a lot of problems
or upgrade to 7 while you have an excuse to spend the money Tongue
(08-26-2010, 08:34 AM)hansenderek Wrote: [ -> ]K i have a vista computer and it just all of a sudden died on cpu strength...everythings in the sig and now my cpu idles at 50% and not really sure why...cant figure it out or anything...could it be the registry or a virus?? idk how it could get on cuz i have norton and nortons a bitch about anything lol Tongue but idk why it just decided to go slow in the last day and a half...throught the times i turned it on it would be a little slow to turn on then it got slower and now it just wont stop with the cpu and wont idle at 1 % anymore...it just stays at 50%...if you can help it would be great thanx

System defrag or check your task manager Resource Manager to see whats consumming your resources, then in task mananger disable what not needed. If it Norton change it settings for scanning or disable and run manually.
its the cvhost I think...its so slow now im having a hard time opening task manager lol
ok nvm heres the three process tht consume a shitload..

system idl process (doesnt matter not really consumes cpu)
system (nt kernel system)
ccsvchst.exe (systematic service framework)
svchost.exe (host process for windows) <-- this one just died down...when i start up it uses about 100% cpu for 10 mins and it get longer everytime i restart my computer i think.
oh and its idling at 30% now since i started it about 15 mins ago.
ccsvchst.exe is part of Norton Antivirus, no wonder your system is slow. Remove that, and get some other decent antivirus.
svchost.exe has different uses depending on startup flags - check your taskmanager (select command line in columns) where it runs from, and which parameters it has. Usually you can find that in control panel, administration, services and/or google for it.
ok so just went and looked for it but its not there anymore...idk y..but it only appears on startup and slowly dies down to 0 instead of 80-90
ok so just found somenthing out...there are two of those processes with the same name...ones for norton...i can tell by the icon..but the other one doesnt say where it executes from and i cant kill it either...
yayyy computer equals fixed and like 30% faster lol Tongue this program is amazing!!!!!! TonguePPPP download WinASO Registry Optimizer....it can optimize your PC dfrag your registry and fix registry errors...and other things too lol Tongue but unless you buy it ..it only fixes 10 at a time...but everything else comes with it..its pretty cool and a really good program...its worth the buy cuz it kinda fixed the problems associated with vista tht i was having Tongue just google for it!!