Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: DX9 Fullscreen black screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

I am having an issue only with the DX9 plugin. Whenever I switch from window to fullscreen or vice-versa, the screen goes all black and I can only hear the music.

I can either start the game fullscreen or windowed and it will work, but not if I switch between modes.

It seems to work fine with the OpenGL plugin, though. Oh, and it works if I render in the main window, but not in a seperate window.

Also, I experience a crash everytime I stop the emulation (press escape or Stop).

Can anyone help me get this fixed? I would like to switch between window and fullscreen sometimes and also stop the emulator or hit escape.

Thanks!
I can try help you if you post your PC specs :p.
(08-25-2010, 11:09 PM)darkshadw Wrote: [ -> ]I can try help you if you post your PC specs :p.

Hello,

Thanks for you support!

Here are my PC specs:

Core i5-450M
GeForce GT 330M 1GB
3GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

Using a PS3 controller via bluetooth.

Anyone has the same issue with DX9 plugin rendering in a seperate window?

Thanks!

vcyadomaru

(08-27-2010, 11:16 PM)YoD Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone has the same issue with DX9 plugin rendering in a seperate window?

Thanks!

I had this same issue & it stopped when I turned off open cl.
(08-28-2010, 06:37 AM)vcyadomaru Wrote: [ -> ]I had this same issue & it stopped when I turned off open cl.
Thanks, but what does open CL actually do? from the application description it 'should' speed up the emulation, but turning it off makes no difference
Quote:Thanks, but what does open CL actually do? from the application description it 'should' speed up the emulation, but turning it off makes no difference

It uses a texture decoder written in opencl that compiles at runtime and runs on the gpu. In a game where texture decoding is a bottleneck it could potentially improve framerate (such as metroid prime 2). It could also improve in-game load times. However it will make games take longer to boot up since it compiles at runtime, may cause texture problems with some games, and could even cause some games to crash (both are extremely rare though). If it's not enabled dolphin uses the old C++ texture decoder.

In most circumstances it makes no difference whether it is on or off.