Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: cannot create opengl...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

blindgamer0423

So.. here's another one for this topic. lol. Sorry about this... but I can't figure anything out being a total computer-illiterate noob. This message comes up when trying to load a game.
---------------------------
Warning
Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info
OK

MY specs are as follows, as copied from system properties:
Windows xp version 2002
Computer: intel® ---------------------------
celeron® cpu 2.4ghz
512 mb of ram

I don't know how to figure out my video card. Under display adapters, all there is is the SiS661fx. This is an old system.... but I'm in a bit of a tight bind and can't afford any upgrades for my computer. Can I even run the emulator with games? Thanks.
likelihood is you wont be able to run games at any sort of decent speeds. in the emulator select: config -> plugins -> direct 3d9 and see if that helps.

also refer to this thread for further help.
Run? maybe.

Bearably? of course not.
If your integrated GPU is not at least a 945G such as the 845G and older, you won't be able to use the DX9 plugin since the 845G lacked support for Pixel/Vertex shaders and Dolphin requires a card that at least properly supports SM 2.0. That also means Geforce FX cards won't work properly and MX cards won't work at all. You should of read the requirements thread that was stickied and ensured your computer met the requirements before posting a thread.

Judging by what you posted so far your processor is likely an older Celeron that isn't based on the Core2 architectures, your memory is also below what Dolphin requires and the graphics hardware likely doesn't support Pixel/Vertex shading let alone v2.0 since it's probably the 82845GV chipset or older. You certainly won't be able to run the emulator well, if at all.
First and foremost though, he has insufficient ram.
he has SiS grafx, dolphin won't work period