Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Suggestion to integrate again in the emulator MSAA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I would ask if programmers could relocate MSAA on Direct3D 9 plugin, since before he could use antialiasing without much loss of performance - fps, and now the opposite with SSAA.
I'm not asking out SSAA, but whether they can please re-integrate MSAA in the emulator.
Thank you very much. Smile
Try forcing it in your gpu drivers.
a) IIRC, MSAA never really worked. That's the reason why it was faster than current SSAA Tongue
b) fagoatse: that won't change anything due to technical reasons, afaik. (Actually, for the same reason why MSAA never really worked)
NeoBrain while the triple buffer.Huh
Why dolphin does not have a good option as the triple buffer.Tongue
Double buffering and triple buffering belong to the code in the game. Since Dolphin is an emulator, it will support double buffering or triple buffering if the game uses those features.

It is a bit like asking why Dolphin does not support Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.
(08-25-2010, 12:05 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Double buffering and triple buffering belong to the code in the game. Since Dolphin is an emulator, it will support double buffering or triple buffering if the game uses those features.

It is a bit like asking why Dolphin does not support Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.

Yes I know but there are many games that do not have Double buffering and triple buffering like Resident Evil 4, Luigi Mansion.
For games that already have triple buffering (Like Metroid Prime 2) I could disable triple buffering.Tongue
I do not think a bad idea to add triple buffering on dolphin.Smile
Quote:I do not think a bad idea to add triple buffering on dolphin.

You just had a developer tell you why it won't happen so I guess you'll have to figure out how to do it yourself.

/thread