Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Which Gamecube to USB adapter is best?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering if you guys knew which gamecube to USB adapter would work best with dolphin or which ones just work better overall.

So far, I have come up with these 2 adapters:

Choice # 1

And Choice # 2

If there are any others it would also be very helpful if you could mention them.

Thank you!
Use any, the main purpose is to connect it to PC, that is all
(05-06-2009, 11:30 PM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Use any, the main purpose is to connect it to PC, that is all

So they all really do the same thing?

Also, with the second one, could you have for example an xbox and a gamecube controller connected and working at the same time?

LuisR14

(05-07-2009, 01:04 AM)Nintendogs Wrote: [ -> ]Also, with the second one, could you have for example an xbox and a gamecube controller connected and working at the same time?

yep Big Grin
Quote:Also, you can use up to 3 controllers simultaneously!
Well I can't say anything about the second one but the first one is working flawlessly with dolphin.
They are both designed and manufactured by the same company. Either one will work, I have the 3 in 1 myself, it works perfectly. (as perfectly as Dolphin will allow)
(05-08-2009, 07:48 AM)Unknownforce Wrote: [ -> ]They are both designed and manufactured by the same company. Either one will work, I have the 3 in 1 myself, it works perfectly. (as perfectly as Dolphin will allow)

Does it need drivers? Cause I have XP 64 and I doubt something like that will have 64-bit support at all...
(05-06-2009, 03:19 PM)Nintendogs Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if you guys knew which gamecube to USB adapter would work best with dolphin or which ones just work better overall.

So far, I have come up with these 2 adapters:

Choice # 1

And Choice # 2

If there are any others it would also be very helpful if you could mention them.

Thank you!
- You forgot choice 3.
http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/gc_n...dex_en.php
And IMO its the best for a few reasons.
1) I can attest that every button is working.
2) I know there is no need for drivers
3) There is a plan to implement rumble ( if you like that sort of thing) and backup uniits for the n64
4) It supports n64 and gc
5) its open source, and open to suggestions.
6) NEW, rumble is working and I tested it in dolphin.

Also can be had here. http://spawnlinux.dyndns.org/blissbox/
This site is a co-op of the first with the advantage of making your own design. In other words any controller you ever wanted to have as a usb in underway. The goal here is to have one box convert all "types" to usb, and is nearly there... Custom requests are an option. For example you could have a 4 player GC in a box.
Example.
[Image: bliss-4pack_2.JPG].

For more talk go here.
[/quote] - You forgot choice 3.
http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/gc_n...dex_en.php
And IMO its the best for a few reasons.
1) I can attest that every button is working.
2) I know there is no need for drivers
3) There is a plan to implement rumble ( if you like that sort of thing) and backup uniits for the n64
4) It supports n64 and gc
5) its open source, and open to suggestions.

Also can be had here. http://spawnlinux.dyndns.org/blissbox/
This site is a co-op of the first with the advantage of making your own design. In other words any controller you ever wanted to have as a usb in underway. The goal here is to have one box convert all "types" to usb, and is nearly there... Custom requests are an option. For example you could have a 4 player GC in a box.
Example.
[Image: bliss-4pack_2.JPG].

For more talk go here.
[/quote]

Thanks Ulao! So all you have to do is just post a request and they will make if for you?

BTW I saw a post from you requesting a 4 port gamecube controller blissbox. Was that for me?
Quote:BTW I saw a post from you requesting a 4 port gamecube controller blissbox. Was that for me?
- you mean ulaoulao on the EZ forms? If So, it was not a request it was a box that was made for some one.

see pm Wink
Pages: 1 2