Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pad plugins still missing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

orimarc

(03-15-2009, 03:07 PM)omegadox Wrote: [ -> ]======= Runtime Library Requirements =======
Dolphin needs you have to have the libraries listed below installed.

[Windows]
-MS Visual C++ Runtime 2008 SP1: This fixes the "side by side" / "application config" & model errors
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x86 - For 32bit Windows
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x64 - For 64bit Windows

-The DirectX March 2009 Runtime: This fixes the plugin loading errors
Note: THIS MEANS UPDATE YOUR DIRECTX EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE VERSION 9.0c or 10 or 10.1!!!!!!
Microsoft DirectX Updater

I downloaded and executed those files. Reinstalled Dolphin. Restarted computer. Several FREAKING times. And Dolphin insists saying "I CANT FIND PLUGINS HUR DURR".

Help? Please?
What is the exact error message?
Which Dolphin version?
Which OS?
Which plugins are you able to select?

orimarc

Error loading Plugins/Plugin_GCPadNew.dll: can't read info. (also happens with Plugin_Wiimote.dll)
Dolphin 2.0
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
I can select all the Graphics and DSP plugins.
Does the "Microsoft DirectX Updater" succeed when you execute it?

orimarc

Yes, it says that it has detected a newer or equivalent version of DirectX and that the install is not necessary. No wonder, after opening it several times that update is already installed by now.
I am having the same issue. The GCPad plugin dropdown doesn't even appear in the latest build and I can't see the .dll anywhere in the install dir.

If I put the .dll from Dolphin 2.0 in the plugins dir, nothing happens.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks!
(08-25-2010, 11:01 AM)YoD Wrote: [ -> ]I am having the same issue. The GCPad plugin dropdown doesn't even appear in the latest build and I can't see the .dll anywhere in the install dir.

If I put the .dll from Dolphin 2.0 in the plugins dir, nothing happens.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks!

That isn't really "the same issue". :p
Dolphin no longer uses (nor supports) pad plugins, the GCPad configuration is now built-in. (accessible via "Options->Gamecube Pad Settings" or the big "GCPad" button on the toolbar)

ovjho

right I'm having this issue too. but when I click on the GCpad button in the top corner it gives me the same Error loading Plugins/Plugin_GCPadNew.dll: can't read info nonsense. I have directx 9, latest c++, and a more than suitabe CPU and what not. I've uninstalled/reinstalled/restarted computer and nothing happens still no pad plugins
(08-30-2010, 02:59 PM)ovjho Wrote: [ -> ]right I'm having this issue too. but when I click on the GCpad button in the top corner it gives me the same Error loading Plugins/Plugin_GCPadNew.dll: can't read info nonsense. I have directx 9, latest c++, and a more than suitabe CPU and what not. I've uninstalled/reinstalled/restarted computer and nothing happens still no pad plugins

Did you run the "Microsoft DirectX Updater"? (link in my sig)
Just DirectX 9 is not enough.