Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metroid Prime unplayable lag and framerate drops.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I figured if i ran it ok for me, others would easily be able to get it running fullspeed because my specs are kind of crappy. It may need a good PC to run well, but getting it to run fullspeed almost constantly is not impossible. It actually very easy with the right specs. By all means, if you have a heavily overclocked i7 with those other specs, I cannot think of any good reason you should be experiencing such intense slowdown, even in the more power hungry areas. Not saying you wouldn't EVER get slowdown, but 8fps is just absolutely abysmal. There must be something wrong with your system, emulator settings, or something else.

I don't play above standard resolution (yet, need a new pc), but i still have NEVER seen the framerate drop below 20, and that was a very isolated thing which quickly went away. I would imagine Prime is pretty GPU-intensive as well. My GPU is not much better than an integrated one. I only included it with my system because it was dirt cheap and it was better than having the thing leeching off my CPU/memory. Even with this though, i'd say Prime is perfectly playable and i can definitely get 50-60fps at times. Usually doesn't go below 40 at least.
Quote:I would imagine Prime is pretty GPU-intensive as well.

Not compared to many other games I have played on dolphin. With my GTX260 this is one of the few games I was able to play at 1920 x 1080 with 4xSSAA without almost no slowdowns at all.
Pages: 1 2