Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Saving/Loading state stopped working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MufinMcFlufin

Alright, I was playing Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, and as I was playing a minigame, I was trying to "cheat" with the save states. So I was loading and saving states fairly often, and it was working just fine then. I loaded a state once of before I started playing the game to check something out I wasn't sure about, tried to load state, and nothing happened. The game didn't stop, start loading the saved state, but just stayed there. So I tried loading another older save state, and nothing happened. So I turned off the game, reloaded it, nothing. So I loaded the actual game save that I hadn't saved with in forever, and then tried the save states, and nothing still. Went to file, load state, nothing. Went to file save state, and still nothing. I was going to ask for help, but while typing this out, around where I mentioned I turned off the game, and turned it back on, I restarted the whole Dolphin application, and the save states worked perfectly again. I guess if from my two major questions I've had to ask this forum, I wanted more people to know that before you ask here, you ought to restart the game, check it, and if not, restart the application, to be sure that it wasn't the application messing up for a bit versus your setup being wrong. Only in the case of the later should you ask these forums, and I too now know that.