Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Patch] zww prologue music fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok guys, with BhaaL have worked to get the code as the same way of ucode. Now is suposse to eliminate really this time pb.stoponsilence hack. Skiping should be a less but, crackled sound still remains. Atm we cannot figure out why this remains. [color=#FF0000]This need a lot of testing, to see if it broke other games like luigis manssion for example (i think), humm, and that is xD.[/color]

humm BhaaL should leave here extra comments xD. On downloads, you can find the path tose its code, and the dsp hle plugin, on 32 and 64 versions

Thanks to Nexus too, he helped me on somethings before, BhaaL cuz he is the brain behind all this and stying almost all night working, and my girlfriend for the her patience xD.
Theres not much to comment on I'd say.
Still crackles a bit here and there, and I'm not sure why this is the case. Might have to do with size += 2, which really shouldnt be there. In the UCode, its only passed to the function at 0525 which reads size + 2 bytes from ram (its written to @DSBL, the amount of bytes to DMA transfer).
Altho, without the size + 2, it jumps around in the prologue stuff, leaving the intro fine. The problem might aswell be somewhere else, something that throws timing off by a bit.
willing to test, need 64 bit plugin or patched build. or will the 32bit plugin work fine on a 64bit OS? meh i'll download and see.
Ok, updated main post with x64 build. Greetz and nice testing Smile
The intro sometimes skips and there is still an annoying clicking/crackling sound, same thing for the prologue. Without the PB.StopOnSilence hack the game hangs unless the frame limiter or audio throttle is enabled.
could you explain the exact steps to reproduce the hang? if need to use some save, plz upload it
1. Disable frame limiter.

2. Disable audio throttle.

3. Load save game, might also happen when loading a new game.

ZWW will hang on a black screen. With the PB.StopOnSilence hack ZWW works fine with audio throttle and frame limiter disabled, without the hack ZWW will hang with audio throttle and frame limiter disabled.
Did your steps, zww does not hang. After story video intro i get a black screen, but for 5 or 10 seconds, the game returns to normally, but still no hangs and music still play. Can anyone confirme hangs?
Test with this memory card and the NTSC-U version of Zelda Windwaker.

[attachment=4080]
I borrowed Wind Waker from a friend and I tested the patch, now this is interesting.

I applied the patch and I followed Xtreme2damax ( + his save ) and when I selected the save file I got a black screen, but It DIDN'T hanged because the FPS/VPS kept fluctuating at incredible high values (441 FPS and 853 VPS, 1400% speed). Dolphin kept doing that ( with that I mean nothing ) for like 15 seconds and then It took me to the game
Pages: 1 2 3