Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Balanced Brawl/Brawl + on Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These are two mods I want to play on Dolphin with SSBB, but atm the data is always "corrupted" according to the game when I try to load them from the SD card.

Both of them require the Gecko OS. My question is whether or not the latest revisions of Dolphin finally support this type of "patching" or "modding" for games (like adding custom textures n what not).

Specifically, has any1 had any luck with these Super Smash Brother Brawl mods listed in the title?
Dolphin support gecko codes in the game properties, but not all codes work yet (most Brawl+ codes not)
Whelp, I used Wiiscrubber 1.4 to manually replace every single file one at a time.... works perfectly. Now I have two versions of SSBB; unmodded and modded Tongue.
(08-14-2010, 10:06 AM)Bigsteve3570 Wrote: [ -> ]Whelp, I used Wiiscrubber 1.4 to manually replace every single file one at a time.... works perfectly. Now I have two versions of SSBB; unmodded and modded Tongue.

How can I get Brawl+ ; I don't know how to replace the files.. Are there any tutorials available ?
(09-05-2010, 11:54 AM)Lilray010 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2010, 10:06 AM)Bigsteve3570 Wrote: [ -> ]Whelp, I used Wiiscrubber 1.4 to manually replace every single file one at a time.... works perfectly. Now I have two versions of SSBB; unmodded and modded Tongue.

How can I get Brawl+ ; I don't know how to replace the files.. Are there any tutorials available ?

What is Brawl+? I was just about to ask how I/if I can get the hacked characters onto the Dolphin emulator such as Roy, Phoenix Mario, etc.
IIRC, right now you have to manually replace the files with trucha signer or something, since that kind of functionality isn't implemented in Dolphin (yet).
you think it will be added? I can imagine it would just be a minor tweak of the code used for hi-res texture loading...
i use brawl+ on dolphin, although you need a NAND Dump to do it cause you need the homebrew channel.