Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Triforce] Virtua Striker 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wiki:
[Image: B00005UDYS_09_LZZZZZZZ.jpg]

The original Virtua Striker used Sega's Sega Model 2 hardware. The Virtua Striker 2 series run on Sega Model 3, with the exception of Virtua Striker 2 ver. 2000, which appeared on the Dreamcast-based NAOMI system. Virtua Striker 3 was released for the NAOMI 2; subsequent installments (Virtua Striker 2002 and Virtua Striker 4) use the GameCube-based Triforce hardware. Virtua Striker 4 adds a card system and mobile phone syncing, allowing players to configure strategies and formations on the move.

EmulatorBig Grinolphin r5186 SSSE3 64bit

Setting:
Direct 3D9 plugin
Framelimit off
DualCore
Idle Skipping
Enable EFB copy to texture
Video Gameplay
perfect ? it would be it , if the game played without frame breaks. Undecided
I think itís playable but not perfect, but this is my opinion Sleepy

keept the good work guys
(08-13-2010, 02:30 AM)Warrio_r Wrote: [ -> ]perfect ? it would be it , if the game played without frame breaks. Undecided
I think itís playable but not perfect, but this is my opinion Sleepy

keept the good work guys

ya, there are frame issues + fifo " out of bounds" errors, but gameplay itself is flawless. Not perfect though
[/quote]
ya, there are frame issues + fifo " out of bounds" errors, but gameplay itself is flawless. Not perfect though
[/quote]

that was the poin indeed, thanks for your opinion , but i was just trying to tell that people can get mistake, because "perfect" is diferent from "playble" Undecided Wink

Master Swordsman

Hey, I'm sorry to dig up this thread, but I'm having trouble running this game on Dolphin 3.0
It ran just fine in the previous version (well, it went at 25 fps during matches, but no biggie), but I forgot the config I used for it to run properly.
Now the screen just flickers a lot, and emulation doesn't get me through Memory Card loading. The "Now loading", "loading data" and "data load complete" messages just keep flashing among themselves, and I can't choose the Memory Card slot to proceed.

Can anyone please help me out with this?
Quote:Now the screen just flickers a lot

Try to enable Real XFB (External Frame Buffer in Graphics/Hacks)

Master Swordsman

(04-28-2012, 12:59 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Now the screen just flickers a lot

Try to enable Real XFB (External Frame Buffer in Graphics/Hacks)

Just tried this.
Emulation got sluggish, but I could live with that.
But I got these messages:

Quote:Illegal command 0d
CPBase: 0x01487120
CPEnd: 0x01597100
CPHiWatermark: 0x0010c000
CPLoWatermark: 0x00088000
CPReadWriteDistance: 0x000079a0
CPWritePointer: 0x014903e0
CPReadPointer: 0x01488a40
CPBreakpoint: 0x00000000
bFF_GPReadEnable: true
bFF_BPEnable: false
bFF_BPInt: false
bFF_Breakpoint: false

Quote:GFX FIFO: Unknown Opcode (0x3f).
This means one of the following:
* The emulated GPU got desynced, disabling dual core can help
* Command stream corrupted by some spurious memory bug
* This really is an unknown opcode (unlikely)
* Some other sort of bug

Dolphin will now likely crash or hang. Enjoy.

(I love the sarcasm in the latter one).

And the game didn't get past the MemCard loading.

So anyway, I tried using Virtual XFB and got better results. And by "better results", I mean I got past the Memory Card loading prompt. It's still pretty jittery (if it was just the screen trembling, I'd have no problem with it, but there's actually a few display bugs scattered here and there), the sound's quite jumpy, and if I let the intro run (because it uses the match engine), the game freezes and leaves me only with BGM.
However, the controlling's nearly unresponsive (even in the menus), and at a certain point I get this:

Quote:Illegal command 17
CPBase: 0x01597120
CPEnd: 0x016a7100
CPHiWatermark: 0x0010c000
CPLoWatermark: 0x00088000
CPReadWriteDistance: 0x00102b60
CPWritePointer: 0x01659280
CPReadPointer: 0x01666720
CPBreakpoint: 0x00000000
bFF_GPReadEnable: true
bFF_BPEnable: false
bFF_BPInt: false
bFF_Breakpoint: false

Followed by the "Unknown Opcode" message (though it now shows 0x17 in the brackets). And these messages just keep alternating.
(edited because this was after I adjusted framerate to auto - I had put it to audio because I was tired of the video delays in SSBM, but it didn't cut it - , and since it's only one opcode, it's easier to explain)

Like I said, the game worked on 2.0 without a hitch, so I'd like to know a possible solution.

(at any rate, getting used to Dolphin 3.0 at all is costing me a lot, especially since the performance guide applies more for 2.0)
Hey, I'm sorry to dig up this thread (2)

I build a new pc specialy for dolphin and virtua striker, now that the pc is finally ready i just cant run the game...
R. Evil remake, donkey K. Returns and new mario bros ran ok but VS just freezes in the first screen...
I wonder if is the version or maybe some config that ive missed. Anyone help please?
for me the game FREEZES after a few seconds Sad
If the OP wants to make the thread more official and update it to the latest thread template and update the information, it can be added to the game thread index and added to the Triforce game section.