Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Text Display Error in Wii games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Lavarider

I have a small problem with my emulator I'd like to figure out-when I play Wii games, everything works nearly perfect, with high FPS and virtually no texture errors...however, the text never displays properly. It appears to be overlaying everything it renders with junk characters, making the text literally impossible to read. My system does not suffer from this problem when running GC games. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks!

I am Using Dolphin Build R3089 64-bit, on a QX9650, Vista x64 Ultimate, with a Radeon x1900 video card.
Have you tried enabling ZTP Bloom Hack or Safe Texture Cache? (try one at a time and both on at the same time).

Lavarider

Hmm...It seems to ALMOST make a difference at first, but then the text again descends into chaos about 30 seconds (or 10 menus, whichever comes first) in...

Odd...It now seems to suddenly reset the text into a readable and sane fashion whenever any script in the game is run...

Edit: Nevermind, It seems to just have been a fluke, its back to the old no readable text again..