Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Any future hope for Intel GMAs or a good D3D plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

FEG

It's really a big letdown... even with Intel integrated graphics, my machine is powerful enough otherwise for Dolphin... I mean, I can play Left 4 Dead and other modern games at good settings, and my GMA was designed for Blu-Ray playback. It's even got about a gig and a third set for video memory. Unfortunately, even though Wikipedia claims the GMA supports OpenGL 2.1, the current driver has it set at 2.0, and if I 'upgrade' to the proper Win7 drivers, it goes down to OpenGL 1.1, which is why I'm kinda glad Vista drivers work on Windows 7.

So does anyone know if OpenGL 2.0 might possibly be supported, or if we may have a working Direct3D plugin, in the foreseeable future?
You can always download an old revision and use the Direct3D plugin on the new revision till it's fixed but as for OpenGL, from what i've seen from other threads Intel Chipsets don't properly support OpenGL so in my opinion probably not.

FEG

From what I've gathered, Dolphin needs OpenGl 2.1 or higher to run, but my chipset only supports it in theory- it can, but Intel hasn't put it into newer drivers yet, only up to 2.0. Theoretically, assuming Intel enabled OpenGl 2.1 on their GMAs, they'd work with Dolphin, although perhaps not optimally.

As for the D3D plugin, The old 'working' one causes Dolhin to freak out, and one I found that did seem to work just caused a couple artifacts on the screen and did nothing on multiple supported games.
Well this is from another thread i've commented on recently, you could give it a try, it's ment to be hacked for GMA's no guarantee it's any good though, since i don't have any Intel chipsets (laptops is a VIA Chrome9 chipset or i would have tested it out for you).

Feel free to try it.

It's about halfway down the 1st page.
Complain to intel so that they release proper OpenGL drivers Smile
I am sure that would help a lot of people..