Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii hacks on dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've seen some stuff where people hack their wii games on the wii to make their own cheats. kinda like this guy here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ejcm6K2WS4

is there a way to apply this kinda stuff to a dolphin emulator?

I'm playing fire emblem radiant dawn but the game has kinda screwed me over.

im on one of the last chapters and for story reasons it wont let me go back to the shop for supplies and switch my party members until the end of the game which is like in another 4 or 5 chapters. problem is that its too risky to go ahead with what i ve got but my save before i started the chapter got corrupt so know im stuck with limited healing items and and 1 or 2 weapons on each character to last me the rest off the game.

not sure if i can do it with what i've got, i've got no healers but all my guys are just about lv 20 each with 1 full health weapons, on normal mode. first chapter at that place seemed fine but the enemy keep using sleep which i cant escape without healers.

im looking for an action replay code or some kinda hack which allows me to select another chapter and get me more cash so that i can pretty much go back in time to get my healers, and buy all the weapons and supplies i need. (it did warn me but i didnt have enough cash for much and even then i gave it to the wrong guy and didnt convoy it).

(i googled action replay codes for radiant dawn but didnt find anything)

in the youtube link there was another link showing theses codes so i wana know is there a way to apply these codes to a dolphin emulator?
http://geckocodes.org/index.php?c=RFEE01
oh and i forgot i had this program for a while its called cheat engine i'ved used it on other games but will it work on dolphin? when i used it on other games there where still some faults like i had to use it at certain times otherwise it wont let me save. what will cheat engine do to dolphin would there be any problems like corrupting save or other stuff. im gona investigate myself but im wondering if u guys have had any experience with this.

still havent mastered this kind off hacking because i can change stuff that show numerical values like health points but stuff where like in fire emblem to hack it to select your chapter is what i dont understand
You can use Gekko cheat codes with Dolphin, and Dolphin even makes it easy for you:

Right click game on the game list -> Properties -> Gekko Codes tab -> Click button to download codes (WiiRD Database).

Just enable the cheats you want to use by clicking on the checkboxes next to the cheats you want to use. Gekko codes were recently implemented into Dolphin so you will want to use a recent revision in order to use Gekko codes. Gamecube games can use both Action Replay codes and Gekko codes if there is Gekko codes available for the game you are playing, Wii games can only use Gekko codes since there was no actual cheat device such as Action Replay released for the Wii.

That's if you just want to use cheats. But to make cheats as you asked, you will need to do some memory searching and editing, this is a very complicated and time consuming process. The guy in the video likely used some type a memory searching and editing homebrew to search the values in memory and edit them. You can also do this in Dolphin by clicking the "Tools" menu at the top of the Dolphin Window and clicking on "Cheats Manager". Once the cheats manager window pops up, click on the cheats search tab. You will need to have some knowledge of how to search for the correct values in memory while the game is running and then edit them, it's not an easy task but good luck. Wink
kk on my version i cant find that gekko codes tab thing i went to the dolphin site and got the Windows 32bit (x86) version 2 but it said i already had that version so i went to emulator zone to get their latest version and i got it but on that i couldnt find that gekko tab nor cheat manager, there was action replay manager but it didnt have the cheats search tab. where can i download the latest?
In this forum http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/forum-6.html
P.S Update directx June 2010
OpenGL is set by default,please switch to directx 9 plugin
(08-11-2010, 12:44 PM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]You can use Gekko cheat codes with Dolphin, and Dolphin even makes it easy for you:

Right click game on the game list -> Properties -> Gekko Codes tab -> Click button to download codes (WiiRD Database).

Just enable the cheats you want to use by clicking on the checkboxes next to the cheats you want to use. Gekko codes were recently implemented into Dolphin so you will want to use a recent revision in order to use Gekko codes. Gamecube games can use both Action Replay codes and Gekko codes if there is Gekko codes available for the game you are playing, Wii games can only use Gekko codes since there was no actual cheat device such as Action Replay released for the Wii.

That's if you just want to use cheats. But to make cheats as you asked, you will need to do some memory searching and editing, this is a very complicated and time consuming process. The guy in the video likely used some type a memory searching and editing homebrew to search the values in memory and edit them. You can also do this in Dolphin by clicking the "Tools" menu at the top of the Dolphin Window and clicking on "Cheats Manager". Once the cheats manager window pops up, click on the cheats search tab. You will need to have some knowledge of how to search for the correct values in memory while the game is running and then edit them, it's not an easy task but good luck. Wink

ive got the emulator and got it working but now i cant get the gekko codes working i go to cheats manager and in the gekko codes tab i click on the cheats i want but im not getting them is there anything else that needs to be done or is there something wrong? i've tried it on another wii game but still the cheats didnt work
Have you enabled the "Enable Cheats" checkbox in Dolphin's Config window? After enabling/disabling the codes in-game from the Cheats Manager (if that's what you did), have you pressed the "Apply" button?
wow didnt notice that yeah it works now thnx, sorry for that its just that its my first time using this version of dolphin
hey just saying im using the newest version of dolphin right now, i search cheat for RD but it gives too many to display and thus no result
what should I do about it?
also is there actually a RD safe hack since all I want is get a soren/Ike A support from PoR to unlock Soren/Ike scene in RD
since for some reason my safe in PoR is corrupt and cannot import
thanks