Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I was thouroughly confused for a moment.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just spent like 15 mins trying to log into the forums
at http:\\www.dolphin-emu.org\forum\
wondering why my username and password weren't working. I kept entering it and re-entering it going wtf. Finally when I looked up I saw the URL and I groaned. Obviously the problem was being on a dolphin forum clone not the ACTUAL dolphin forum. Can we make mamario use a different template or something? (No offense to mamario I love you and all and appreciate your builds but uh individuality can be a good thing...(Plus don't tell the dolphin people but the whole white and blue thing looks like a default forum template and is gross Wink)
I think mamario can use whatever theme he wants. :p
Also, web addresses use slashes, not backslashes. Only Windows paths use backslash as a directory separator. :p
(08-10-2010, 12:53 PM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]I think mamario can use whatever theme he wants. :p
Also, web addresses use slashes, not backslashes. Only Windows paths use backslash as a directory separator. :p

1. Of course he can but it was confounding to say the least. If imitating is the greatest form of flattery then the dolphin guys must be blushing something fierce Dodgy.

2. You're right but dammit I'm tired and the backshlash is a simpler reach for me than the forward slash and browsers interpret them both the same way so it doesn't really matter lol.
I don't even really know why mamario made a forum for his auto-compiler website, he's perfectly aware of this forum.
Infact part of his compiler updates a thread over here.
(08-10-2010, 09:21 PM)RupeeClock Wrote: [ -> ]I don't even really know why mamario made a forum for his auto-compiler website, he's perfectly aware of this forum.
Infact part of his compiler updates a thread over here.

I think it's obvious why he did, popularity..

The fact that the Dolphin team is as accepting of this as they are comes as a surprise. I'm sure any other project wouldn't have been too happy about this and it was my understanding that sites have been shut down or requested to change some things in the past for the very same thing.

There is nothing wrong with fansites, but when they stoop as far as to try passing as the official project page is when something needs to to be done. There is nothing different over there than is already available here, except it looks slightly more professional, that itself is misleading enough. Everything that can be found there, can also be found here, including builds. The only advantage mamario has is that he has a build bot to do his work, so that means he is able to provide up to date builds as soon as they are committed. Everything that is posted there, should also be posted here instead of redirecting members to external sites. There is no reason performance guides and other information can't also be posted here, and contribute to the official site.

At the very least, he should be requested to change some things, so his site isn't confused with the official Dolphin website and forums.
Why not direct people to the official Dolphin forum....?
(08-12-2010, 01:19 AM)Tomwa Wrote: [ -> ]Why not direct people to the official Dolphin forum....?
that would be the smart thing to do..
(08-12-2010, 05:34 AM)shawnanastasio Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2010, 01:19 AM)Tomwa Wrote: [ -> ]Why not direct people to the official Dolphin forum....?
that would be the smart thing to do..

And mamario is a smart guy Smile. I think they would get roughly 1000x more help on these forums anyways it being the home of dolphin and all.