Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii mote without nunchuck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I will get budokai tenkaichi 3, but the problem is I only have a wii mote,
no nunchuk. So I was wondering, if there is a way to use the real wii mote plus an emulated nunchuck controller?
Not currently, I'm about to add support for emulated extensions with real wiimotes in the new wiimote plugin.

edit: Alright, I committed the changes, as of r6082 you should be able to use an emulated nunchuk with a real wiimote (in the new wiimote plugin using the "Hybrid Wiimote" source type).
Thank you so much Big Grin
i don't have a wiimote nor a nunchuk and i can't find how to config/emulate a nunchuk in the wiimote plugin i can't move in some games (my favorite ones) Sad?
(01-17-2011, 05:56 AM)nikolassj Wrote: [ -> ]i don't have a wiimote nor a nunchuk and i can't find how to config/emulate a nunchuk in the wiimote plugin i can't move in some games (my favorite ones) Sad?

Look harder, it's under "Extension" or "Emulated Extension", depending on your Dolphin version.
I suggest you get a recent svn build from the official site: http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html
On a similar note.

Has anyone thought of using a second Wii remote to emulate a nunchuck. Particularly for solo Wii Sports Boxing... I am into Dolphin as I travel a lot and the extra weight of carrying my wii console around (let alone NTSC/Pal compatibility issues). I would prefer to just carry 2 wii remotes and skip the nunchuck.

Will boxing would seem kind of cool with a will remote in each hand Smile

I know it might be work, but putting the idea out. Thanks.