Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My Wiimote no longer working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't updated since r5826, so I thought I'd update to the latest, r6077, and I cannot seem to get my wiimote to work.

At first, I thought it was an issue with r6077, so I tried earlier builds. I've tried about 30 builds, and it doesn't work in any of them. I don't really understand what could be causing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hi there! Yes, there is a problem with the wiimote plugin in the recent builds of Dolphin for some odd reason. It also appears that Windows XP users are the most heavily affected by this, because other people who are not on XP can still use the wiimote plugin just fine.

Right now, if you want to try other builds, here are some that I am currently using that still has working wiimote plugin for Windows XP users:

SVNs:
5981 (If I remember correctly, I copied wiiuse.dll from 5186 or 5928 and placed it in the main 5981 dolphin folder. I also copied Plugin_Wiimote.dll from the Plugin folder of one of those earlier builds and put them in the 5981 Plugin folder. It works fine, except if you leave the emulator running for a while like 10 to 15 minutes and you don't move anything, you might get an error about the wiimote being disconnected and there's no way to reconnect it aside from restarting the emulator).

Good luck, I really hope they fix the Plugin_Wiimote.dll for Windows XP usersBlush
(08-09-2010, 01:37 PM)Adeno Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there! Yes, there is a problem with the wiimote plugin in the recent builds of Dolphin for some odd reason. It also appears that Windows XP users are the most heavily affected by this, because other people who are not on XP can still use the wiimote plugin just fine.

Right now, if you want to try other builds, here are some that I am currently using that still has working wiimote plugin for Windows XP users:

SVNs:
5981 (If I remember correctly, I copied wiiuse.dll from 5186 or 5928 and placed it in the main 5981 dolphin folder. I also copied Plugin_Wiimote.dll from the Plugin folder of one of those earlier builds and put them in the 5981 Plugin folder. It works fine, except if you leave the emulator running for a while like 10 to 15 minutes and you don't move anything, you might get an error about the wiimote being disconnected and there's no way to reconnect it aside from restarting the emulator).

Good luck, I really hope they fix the Plugin_Wiimote.dll for Windows XP usersBlush

Thanks, though I'm using vista Tongue. I hope they fix this soon.
Try in gamecube config to set no pad inserted in some games there is a conflict with wiimotes
Dear all,

Just D/L the latest build 6099, after connected to the real wiimote in bluesoleil it still show "Connected to 0 Real Wiimote" in dolphin.

But I don't have this problem use build SVN 5558.

Anyone know how to fix this ?

~thanks

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-11522.html

Bighead

I think it would be important to share who's build's you are using as well. The real wiimote hasn't worked for me in mamario's builds for some time, and many others seem to have wiimote issues with his builds as well. But I've never had a problem in Lectrode's builds, currently playing NMH2 on r6099. FYI I'm using the Wiimote New Incomplete plugin and it works just fine. My bluetooth adapter is trendnet tbw-105ub that I picked up on newegg for 6 bucks during a sale.

Also, I don't use bluesoleil I use broadcom drivers, so I'm not sure if this affects others. When syncing wiimote use the button under the battery casing instead of 1+2. For me it seems to work much better. I had issues with my wiimote connecting in dolphin in the beginning, now I have zero issues since I started using the button. Ironically, I don't think there's a difference but who knows.
Seems to be fixed with the latest SVN R6109 from http://www.dolphin-emu.org/

At least, it works for me now!
I D/L the build 6109, it works for me now!

http://www.dolphin-emu.org/
I seem to have Wiimote issues (emulated and realwiimotes) no matter what version I'm trying...
I can get all my Wiimotes connected just fine, but ingame it only detects one player.

If I set player 1 to RealWiimote and player 2 to Emulated it'll only detect player 1.
Also tried player 1 as Emulated and player 2 as RealWiimote with the exact same result, player 1 works ingame but player 2 is unable to do anything!
Player 2, 3 or 4 aren't even "connected" when i hit the home button.
Tried both Wiimote plugins and they both do this...
Build 6109 has the same issue for me.
Any ideas?
(08-19-2010, 11:20 PM)Hezkore Wrote: [ -> ]I seem to have Wiimote issues (emulated and realwiimotes) no matter what version I'm trying...
I can get all my Wiimotes connected just fine, but ingame it only detects one player.

If I set player 1 to RealWiimote and player 2 to Emulated it'll only detect player 1.
Also tried player 1 as Emulated and player 2 as RealWiimote with the exact same result, player 1 works ingame but player 2 is unable to do anything!
Player 2, 3 or 4 aren't even "connected" when i hit the home button.
Tried both Wiimote plugins and they both do this...
Build 6109 has the same issue for me.
Any ideas?

Tools -> Connect Wiimote 2