Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Extremely Basic Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Thassodar

It's a question I can't find a answer for though:

How do you change the revision or go forward/backwards to a different revision? For example all I did was download the dolphin file of the main page, is the default revision the one that was last edited, or does the file on the main page have no revisions? I know that the program is open source but when I go to a revision all I see is code, and I have no clue what to do with it.

Another example, this http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...ail?r=6036# revision supposedly fixes issues with Monster Hunter Tri (NTSC), but how in the world do I implement it so that I can play MH: Tri?! Do I need to copy and paste the code somewhere? I have done numerous searches on Google and on the forums and it doesn't seem like anyone has asked this question or if they did they asked with terrible english and were ignored.

So I beg you: HOW DO YOU USE THE DIFFERENT REVISIONS?
(08-09-2010, 06:47 AM)Thassodar Wrote: [ -> ]It's a question I can't find a answer for though:

How do you change the revision or go forward/backwards to a different revision? For example all I did was download the dolphin file of the main page, is the default revision the one that was last edited, or does the file on the main page have no revisions? I know that the program is open source but when I go to a revision all I see is code, and I have no clue what to do with it.

Another example, this http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...ail?r=6036# revision supposedly fixes issues with Monster Hunter Tri (NTSC), but how in the world do I implement it so that I can play MH: Tri?! Do I need to copy and paste the code somewhere? I have done numerous searches on Google and on the forums and it doesn't seem like anyone has asked this question or if they did they asked with terrible english and were ignored.

So I beg you: HOW DO YOU USE THE DIFFERENT REVISIONS?

You have to compile the code, which I have no idea how to do.

But the guys from this site http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html do it for us. All the latest versions are compiled and posted on there website.

To use new revisions, just copy and paste the files over the old ones in your dolphin folder.
The dolphin file on the main page is a specifc (meanwhile quite old) snapshot of the SVN tree. i.e. if you want to test the latest changes, it's not interesting for you at all.

To "use" a specific revision, you either need to install a subversion client and compile Dolphin from source (don't ask - that's somewhere in the stickies of the forums for sure) OR download the precompiled builds from the forums or from the link PuPu posted.

Unless you're compiling from source, there's no simple way to "change" revisions, you'll need to download a full new build each time you want to update.

Thassodar

Ah, you see I didn't know the main file was updated still because it says "Added on 12/4/2010" Which I assume meant it hasn't been touched or changed since then, so therefore a revision made in August wouldn't be in it.
oO
Well. that's what I just said - it has not been touched since 12/4/2010... so the revisions from August aren't in it either.

You should maybe consider reading the wikipedia article on subversion or something Wink