Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PS3 controller with Dolphin ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Budhead

iv finaly got myself a laptop fast enough to run dolphin, but i need a little help.

iv downloded dolphin 2.0(64) and have resi zero to play on it!... but i have no xbox controller only ps3 dual shock 3... i launched resi and my keyboard dosent even work(i wanted to see the quality of the game b4 getting the ps3 controller working) dolphin doesnt respond to any keys ?

anyway, what do i need to do, or what plug-ins do i need to get my ps3 dual shock 3 controller working ??
help much appreicated

ps. im in windows 7 (64)
well.. i managed to configure the controller without any problem.. do you use the PS3 controller often in your pc? Its beacause it need to be installed first so that the pc recongnizes it and it wont instal with just pluging the controller.. You need to find for an installer i would give it to you but i don't know if i can post it here
I don't think it\s illegal to post, since the PS3 controller has a USB input?
If your talking about motioninjoy I don't think that is illegal. I use my ds3 all the time for gamecube games and my pcsx2.
Download and install either the MotioninJoy or Sixaxis drivers to your computer to use a PS3 controller. You'll also need to install a bluetooth DS3 driver if you plan to use that over USB. Since you're using a 64-bit OS, you'll need to disable driver signature enforcement on startup. Do so by pressing F8 as the computer boots and select the Disable Driver Signature Enforcement option. Be sure to do this prior to installation, or it won't be installed correctly.

Just be sure to strictly follow the directions listed on the website. You may get quite furious if you skip one of them. Confused
I use DS3 Tools for my PS3 controller. It works very well, really much better than the old sixaxis driver. DS3 Tools is continuously up to date.
You can even emulate a 360 controller with it.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/

Budhead

iv tryed motionjoy but had problems with it, it wouldnt pick up my ps3 controller, and it screwed up my bluetooth mouse!, had to reinstall it....
im just gonna get a lend of my bro's 360 controll... lol

btw, i downloaded dolphin 2.0(64), im on windows 7(64)., i planning on playing resi zero, and it ran at 16fps on dolphin 2.0(64). but i was looking at the resi thread which gave a link to the best dolphin version to play it on, but when i tryed to run resi on it(after congfigering it to the resi thread settings) i would get errors, and it would crash everytime ?
does it really make much of a difference which version of dolphin i use ?,

laptop specs,
i3-350, 4gb, hd5450, windows 7(64), should it only run at 16fps ?