Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy Cpu thread error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im running dolphin 6061 (newest i believe) on a Asus G50v gaming laptop and it usually handles the majority of the games I play at full speed. However, whenever I try to play super mario galaxy (im loving this game so far btw), after a little bit of gameplay, it will crash with this error message:

FIFO is overflown by GatherPipe !
CPU thread is too fast, try changing the watermark tightness in the game properties.

So i went to the properties, iv tryed lowering and raising the watermark tightness but nothing seems to work. I always end up getting the error. iv tryed 0,100,200, and even 1000 but everytime......CRASH. Angry

This is pretty much my dolphin settings exept i left "disable fog" unchecked and I have OpenCL turned on.
http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html

NOTE: I am updating my video driver software, but I just recently got my laptop so I think I already have the latest but I'm going to update because im thinking that OpenCL might be answer. I can't be sure though and i'll let you know if this is the problem.
Try turning panic handlers off and see what happens Wink.
use build under my signature,Or in latest svn set watermark tightness to 1000(under iso->properties) it won't crash just hang for sec or two.
(08-07-2010, 10:08 AM)darkshadw Wrote: [ -> ]Try turning panic handlers off and see what happens Wink.

That did it! Thanks so much! simple easy fix. and I didn't see it anywhere else on the forums. Hope this thread will be of use to someone else.