Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Performance troubles..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

blackjays24

Ok, I apologize for asking question you probably see a million times a day, but I've looked around and I can't seem to find the right resolve for my problem.

Basically I'm trying to play Mortal Kombat: Deception. I have two problems. First of all, the game keeps crashing. Second of all, the game can run really slow like when there is lots of movement, the speed at the top says it's going around 33%.

Now I'm decently tech knowledgeable so hopefully I can understand any guidelines.

Is it even possible to fix it? Or is it something I just have to live with since GameCube emulator probably haven't yet been perfected. So I could understand if it's something that just can't be fixed.

Anyways, I appreciate the help.
well for the speed issue look here http://www.dolphin-emu.org/performance.html

blackjays24

Thank you, I appreciate that. I'll try it, and see if it helps any. And if it's any difference, I don't think my CPU should be much of a problem. I'm running windows 7 on an I3 core system, 4 GB of DDR3 ram, the only thing lacking is a video card. I believe the video card only has 128 mem it's one of the radeon HD integrated graphics cards...
tlb hack in the properties may also help....
should help with the crashing part of it

blackjays24

Ok basically, I followed both of your guys instructions the best I could. Now when I start the game, I get through the initial training fine. Then when I get into the world where you can move around and stuff, the speed slows down 30ish percent, and if I try to run around, after a few seconds the game will freeze. And it seems like most of the game stops but I can still here like background audio of like crickets or something, even though the music has stopped.

Also, I'm using Dolphin 2.0 I guess? I've heard something about like SVN 2037 running it? I looked around and I can't find any specific download for what that is talking about. To be honest MK: Deception is the only gamr I have interest playing on GC, so is there any settings/emulator that would have specific settings to allow me to run the game smoothly? Thanks.