Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Smash Bros Brawl running SLOWLY on Windows 7 Ultimate x86/32-bit !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cannot figure out why it runs so slow all the time! Whatever I do, it works fine until the battle itself starts, then the sound is extremly "laggy" (it's just a bit laggy when browsing the menus) and the gameplay itself is horrible slow!

What must I do? Must i perhaps try any of the older revs in order for this to work, or?

I am using svn6059.

my specs:
amd phenom II X3 720 2.8ghz
radeon 4850x2 (with latest drivers)
4gb ram
windows 7 ultimate 32-bit

i've tried most of the different variations in the config, but nothing seems to work!

and i am sure that my pc should manage to run that game, yes?
(08-06-2010, 04:35 AM)minstreless Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot figure out why it runs so slow all the time! Whatever I do, it works fine until the battle itself starts, then the sound is extremly "laggy" (it's just a bit laggy when browsing the menus) and the gameplay itself is horrible slow!

What must I do? Must i perhaps try any of the older revs in order for this to work, or?

I am using svn6059.

my specs:
4gb ram

i've tried most of the different variations in the config, but nothing seems to work!

your rig is much better than mine, you should be able to run it at 100% speed.
My laptop specs are
duo core 2.1
1gb nvidia 260m
4gb ram
win 7 home

try going into the main page and download dolphin 2.0.
For some reason Smash bros brawl runs better than any rev so far.
4 players in the airship stage runs at 86-97% for me

This is my current dolphin 2.0 config for Brawl;

GENERAL
Enable duo core
Enable idle skipping
HLE the IPL
JIT recompiler

WII
Enable progressive scan
Use Eurgb60(PAL)

PLUGINS
direct 3d9
Resolution 1280x720
enhancements
enable hires textures
EFB scaled copy

Advanced
disable fog
enable EFB copy texture

DSP HLE plugin
Enable HLE audio
volume 100%
(08-06-2010, 07:53 AM)ajaxxx Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2010, 04:35 AM)minstreless Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot figure out why it runs so slow all the time! Whatever I do, it works fine until the battle itself starts, then the sound is extremly "laggy" (it's just a bit laggy when browsing the menus) and the gameplay itself is horrible slow!

I am using svn6059.

my specs:
4gb ram

My laptop specs are
duo core 2.1
1gb nvidia 260m
4gb ram
win 7 home

GENERAL
Enable duo core
Enable idle skipping
HLE the IPL
JIT recompiler

WII
Enable progressive scan
Use Eurgb60(PAL)

PLUGINS
direct 3d9
Resolution 1280x720
enhancements
enable hires textures
EFB scaled copy

Advanced
disable fog
enable EFB copy texture

DSP HLE plugin
Enable HLE audio
volume 100%

thaaaanks for this! this helped me very jmuch!

BUUUUT! the game is TOO fast when only facing 1 CPU/player, it doesn't usually lag, but only on some stages, and when facing 2, it lags a bit, but when facing 3 opponents, it lags a lot, especially on SOME stages!

how do i fix this? any settings i should turn on/off?
go to configure settings tab and frame limiter for player 1 so it doesnt run to fast...go with auto or if you kno how many frames per second it runs then you can set it
ok. will try that, but now i've got another problem... when i try running the game, i get the 2 dolphin-windows in my taskbar, but when i click on JIT32 DC-window, it doesn't bring up the game window... it just selects the application in the taskbar... but if i try fullscreen, then it works. and if i right-click on JIT32 DC-tab and choose dolphin.exe (below it, i've got "pin this program to the taskbar"), it asks me if i want to keep dolphin as portable etc. what have i done? i haven't changed any settings etc. but i did import a savegame... it's like this for every game i've got, even those i haven't imported a savegame to........ how do i fix this then?
nevermind. i fixed that. problem. just had to reinstall everything.

but now i've got another "problem"... i want to play with 3-4 players (instead of just me playing...) what settings should i set then so the game runs smoothly/normally..?

and how come my sound is being all laggy and kind of scratchy? what settings i need to adjust then..?
the sound in most games is laggy and scratchy because the dolphin emulator is still in development stages and such...but for 3 to 4 players i wouldnt have anything extra enabled in the plugins page and it should do what it can Tongue

no vsync or buffering or anything like tht ...just used what was checked as a default when you dowloaded it...and also make sure under the configuration go to gamecube tab and put the controllers as a controller or keyboard...tht way youll have 4 players to play with
(08-06-2010, 07:53 AM)ajaxxx Wrote: [ -> ]

I am using svn6059.

my specs:
4gb ram

My laptop specs are
duo core 2.1
1gb nvidia 260m
4gb ram
win 7 home

GENERAL
Enable duo core
Enable idle skipping
HLE the IPL
JIT recompiler

WII
Enable progressive scan
Use Eurgb60(PAL)

PLUGINS
direct 3d9
Resolution 1280x720
enhancements
enable hires textures
EFB scaled copy

Advanced
disable fog
enable EFB copy texture

DSP HLE plugin
Enable HLE audio
volume 100%

wow 87-97% of speed?!
well i have a less powerfull pc, with a radeon 3470HD...and in the battleship stage(i suppose the kirby/meta knight one) i go at 38-40% speed and 25fps with 4 players Sad (vista 32x)

other than that if it's 1on1 it goes rather well. in some stages even perfectly.
well actually around 26fps and 40% of speed..sometimes more, sometimes less. with the new revision 6064.

the plain version 2.0 remains a little bit slower for me. but i don't think that with my grafics card things will change so much.