Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin sure loves to crash a lot.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dolphin seems to be crashing incessantly lately so here some times that dolphin crashes:

1. When pressing Esc to exit a game

2. When using Debug mode and Pressing "Play" or F10 to start the game.

3. If you click on the Emulator while the list of games is taking forever to load

4. Randomly

The top 3 happen 100% of the time for me.
For number 3 is it actually crashing or is Windows just reporting it as not responding and your telling Windows to close it?
Yeh, we've noticed that number 1 has started to happen recently Sad

Anybody tell us which revision broke it? Because crash on exit bugs are really annoying.

2 and 3, I've not seen.

4, I blame FIFO.
I remember when it crashed everytime on stop... good times
lol i kno rite it was lots of fun
The emulator has gotten sooooo much better I have like 40 games and honestly can't find a one that doesn't work at at least 90% speed. (There are some with yucky graphics problems though). So much love to those making the commits Smile. Playing Arc Rise Fantasia now and it is perfect! Smile
currently using rev 6000 w SSE4.2 hardly crashes

number 1 only happens sometimes when i change opengl to d3d or the opposite without restarting the emu, so i learned to restart emu after doing that, even so its hit or miss.

number 2 never tried so cant say much, number 3 its alien stuff since never had that.

honestly theres a lot of games that have graphics very next to perfection, and some games that with the right settings you can get something beyound the real deal and without glitches, and thats something to really praise on dolphin, too bad cant say the same about the sound emulation that still have a lot of room for improvement, but still its a work in progress so its pretty normal those problems.
Not crash but unresponsive controller after load state (all 1-9 in different place), persist even after restarting emulator.

Funny thing is, by the next day, I could do multiple load state within one session without a single hang. Sure was strange... (hope this one stay though)

Other than that, perfucto, not even crash with esc, oh wait, I changed esc to pause and stopping the emulator by main gui, maybe that's why.
(08-08-2010, 03:03 AM)naoan Wrote: [ -> ]Not crash but unresponsive controller after load state (all 1-9 in different place), persist even after restarting emulator.

If you load a Wii savestate that was saved during a previous session of Dolphin, you'll need to deconnect and reconnect the Wiimote(s) before you can continue (under the "Tools" menu, or by pressing ALT+F5 through ALT+F8 for Wiimotes 1-4). However, I know about a desync problem that occurs randomly when saving a state, and which causes the game (in the loaded state) to completely ignore Wiimote reconnects - the savestate would be unusable and you'd have to load another one...

bcelmo

For me it crashes everytime in rev 6262 x64 when pressing esc, clicking the x button to close the program or clicking the stop button on the interface. It hangs until i close it manually from the taskbar (at which point it gives me a win7 style send/don`t send window) or i close the process from taskman
It has the same behaviour when loading save states in metroid other m but not new super mario bros wii (the only games i own, can`t test with others). Same behaviour in 6200x64, 6218x64, 6225x64

Specs
Win 7 Ultimate x64 updated
HD4950 updated
E8200 @ 2666 (no OC)
4 gigs RAM @ 800
Logged in as the hidden administator account, no UAC, no antivirus, no firewall

PS. Crashes even on alt+f4
Pages: 1 2