Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ps3 sixaxis questions please respond immeadly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

azerty26071991

I know that you can use the motioninjoy program to register you ps3 controller on the pc.
I have seen other topics about this but i am actauly too confused too understand them i want to ask if the sixaxis motion motor inside the controller can be use as motion for the wii mote and nunchuk so please dont refer to other topics.
I mean for shaking, pitching up/down, rolling left/right and tilting (these motions for both nunchuck and wiimote)(wimote= controller 1 nuchcuck controller 2)
Of course both controllers dont have enough butyons for all controls so i dont mind using some buttons on the keyboard.

I already readed topics about this even about the incomplete wiimote plugin and its motion registration but it doesent regonze the shaking ior the motion that i want.

I think I need two controllers for this task one as wii mote and the other is nunchuck.
The problem is also of course that each controller is regonized alone.
How do i solve this?

And as last question is there a controller out there with four analog sticks and more buttons than usual that works on pc and also has motion sensor as for the shaking only?

Please respond.
The new wiimote plugin is able to use two gamepads one for wiimote, one for nunchuk, if you wanted that. But you could use one gamepad for both if you wanted also, not many games actually need nunchuk tilting.
Make sure you enable the sixaxis motion crap in the motionjoy config.
To use a different gamepad for the nunchuk, you need right-click the buttons(for tilt up/down/left/right) in the wiimote config window to get the extended input config dialog, choose a different device, then use the detect button there(or manually choose the input in the list) then click the select button.

azerty26071991

Okay both sixaxis control motion responds but there is aproblem with tilting and shaking the configurations are going tropuh each other i mean that the same tilt movement is the same shake movement. How can i solve this?
What?
Interesting thread. Well I'm trying to configure my PS3 pad, too, and am getting good results in most cases. But some things confuse me and wouldn't work the way I'd like to.

First of all I dropped the idea of having one button setting for all games. I configure profiles for each game seperately, that's making things a lot easier, as a Mario setup feels completely different than a Silent Hill setup where both sticks have to be used.

Apart from that and looking at Silent Hill some things seem to be too much for the sixaxxis controller.

I can put tilting on the Axis Xr +/- and Axis Yr +/- but the effect is rather mild. In the plugin I can only perceive a slight movement of the red tilting point in any direction.
What does the dead zone and what does the circle stick do?
Is there any difference between Nunchuck tilting and Wiimote tilting and swinging and backwards and forwars? Are there games which differ between all those depending on Nunchuck and Wiimote?

If I swing the controller around it's not working at all. Is it even possible that the plugin recognizes when the controller is swung around. What kind of config should I use?

Shaking is achieved by using the "Shake Z" axis in the controller menu. If I put Slider 1- into the Z-Axis, shaking is working. What do both others do? Shake X and Shake Y don't seem to have any function.

Finally: Is it even possible to play a game such as Silent Hill with only one Sixxaxis controller? Or do I have to use a second one or keyboard as support?
I got further into that matter and it seems as if the Shake part in the controller plugin is negligible if I put those Sliders 0/1 +/- into the Swing part. So I can tilt my Sixaxxis, I can swing it (yay - as long as the USB cable doesn't break by swinging it around Big Grin), I can put one stick for the wiimote, one for the nunchuck and I think I can assign all buttons.

Are there any games which differ between Wiimote and Nunchuck swinging? In my opinion it would be a good idea to put swinging and tilting with the sixaxxis on the wiimote portion of the plugin and on the nunchuck emulation. If one game asks me to shake the nunchuck, the Wiimote will be shaken too and vice versa, but that shouldn't be a problem I think. The problem arises when both shakings and tiltings give different results in the game and shaking of one automatically starts the other shaking ... well, it's hard to describe what I mean.

Is there any way to imitate forward and backward with the sixaxxis within the plugin?
"I can put tilting on the Axis Xr +/- and Axis Yr +/- but the effect is rather mild. In the plugin I can only perceive a slight movement of the red tilting point in any direction."
Right click the tilt up/down/left/right buttons and set the range to like 400-500 so the red dot reaches the edge of the box.

What does the dead zone and what does the circle stick do?
Dead zone adjusts the range of your stick to be considered center. (If your analog sticks are getting old and wiggle or are off-center when you aren't touching them and it is causing movement in game, you might want to increase the dead zone)
Circle stick will adjust an analog stick which is circular(can't reach the corners of the preview box when pushing the stick diagonally) so that the corners (full x and y) can be reached. Square stick does the opposite.

Is there any difference between Nunchuck tilting and Wiimote tilting and swinging and backwards and forwars? Are there games which differ between all those depending on Nunchuck and Wiimote?
Some, not many. (wario ware, idk what else)

If I swing the controller around it's not working at all. Is it even possible that the plugin recognizes when the controller is swung around. What kind of config should I use?
The plugin setup (with separate tilt, swing, and shake mappings) isn't ideal for the sixaxis controller. It would be better if you could just map the ps3 controller's accelerometers directly to the emulated wiimote's. (I might allow that in the future)

Is there any way to imitate forward and backward with the sixaxxis within the plugin?
Could try IR forward/backward and Swing forward/backward. Different games detect movement differently.

What do both others do? Shake X and Shake Y don't seem to have any function.
"Different games detect movement differently." In some games, Shake Z will do nothing.
Thanks - that really helped Smile