Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Always Update To Latest Visual C++ Redistributable or Not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there! In every guide I see, and in every troubleshooting answer that I read, one thing always is present: "Be sure you have Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable").

The question is, do I have to stick to the 2008 version, or is it ok to update my system to the 2010 version? I'm not sure if Dolphin strictly only works on a certain version of that redistributable.

As for what I've experienced, I've been having that Plugin_Wiimote.dll problem where it doesn't show up on the configuration drop list. I've already tried Visual C++ 2008 AND 2010, and of course the latest DirectX 9 (which is the June or August 2010 version if I remember).

All the latest SVNs which I've tried which are higher than 5928 have this problem where it can't seem to detect the Plugin_Wiimote.dll properly.

Oh yeah another thing, Fatal Frame 4 is the only game I own which causes the emulator to have a "Visual Runtime Error" or something like that when you load the game. From what I've been reading, other people are able to play it, and others have the same problem as I do. I wonder why...

My System is:
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz (oced to 2.9 GHz)
2 Gigs RAM
Windows XP SP3
ATI RADEON 2600 XT
Currently with Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
Currently with .Net Framework 4
Currently with DirectX 9c June or August 2010 version

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advanceBlush
always use the newest