Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PS3 Controller to Classic Controller Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using a jerry rigged DualShock3 that's hooked up to my PC for my Dolphin gamepad needs. For Gamecube games it works fine but when I go to configure it for a Classic Controller the right joystick messes up. The preview interprets moving the joystick left as moving it up and moving it right as moving it down. Moving it up moves it left and moving it right moves it down. Now I've had no troubles with this controller before and I've even tried using my other ones. Has anyone had these troubles before?
It sounds like you just swapped the x and y axes in the plugin configuration.
(08-05-2010, 10:42 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like you just swapped the x and y axes in the plugin configuration.

I'm moving the joystick the correct way but Dolphin is interpreting it the opposite. When I click the Analog Axes and Trigger buttons it freezes at 4 and I lose all joystick control. I can livestream to show you what I mean if you want to take a look.
The axes detection in the old wiimote plugin is crap. (it sounds like you are using the old plugin)
You will just need to mash on the x/y axis detect buttons until it detects the right axes.
Or just use the new wiimote plugin. :p
(08-05-2010, 10:47 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]The axes detection in the old wiimote plugin is crap. (it sounds like you are using the old plugin)
You will just need to mash on the x/y axis detect buttons until it detects the right axes.
Or just use the new wiimote plugin. :p

If that's the case would you mind linking me to the newest version of the Wiimote plugin?
There are tons of links in the SVN forum section.
dolphin-emu.org has recent builds and is an easy website to remember. :p
(08-05-2010, 10:50 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]There are tons of links in the SVN forum section.
dolphin-emu.org has recent builds and is an easy website to remember. :p

Using revision 6056 which was released half an hour ago, still no success. Mashing my joysticks isn't doing anything and I can't get any response now.
You are using the new wiimote plugin? (there are two)
(08-05-2010, 10:58 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]You are using the new wiimote plugin? (there are two)

Oh there are two, yeah it works now. Thanks a lot!