Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Alternatives to bluesoleil?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so I have been told time and time again that I need bluesoleil, and I currently have it installed. It's on trial right now, and I really don't want to pay 30 bucks for the full version. I tried connecting just through the regular "add device method," and it was a no go although I think 2 things could be affecting it: 1) I am using an eBay remote (although it works perfectly with bluesoleil . . . until the damn 2mb limit is reached within about 10 minutes), and 2) bluesoleil has been installed and running the entire time (although just sitting idly) that I've been trying to connect the wiimote. Does any of this affect it? I am having 2 more wiimotes (official ones) come in the mail, so I can see if there's a difference.

Anyhow, if anyone knows of another program that's free, or if I should just uninstall bluesoleil and try the regular add device method, let me know.

I am using this bluetooth dongle:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product

And the device manager says that I have BROADCOM Bluetooth Device as a device. I think that has something to do with the drivers? I'm not terribly familiar with all of this stuff since I'm new to working with bluetooth, so if anyone could help me out, I would be most appreciative. Thanks.
whats your OS?
on Win7 it is working perfect with the native bluetooth stack.
however, to give it a try you need to remove bluesoleil.
(08-04-2010, 10:36 AM)AdX Wrote: [ -> ]whats your OS?
on Win7 it is working perfect with the native bluetooth stack.
however, to give it a try you need to remove bluesoleil.

I'm using windows 7 64x. I'm installing the BROADCOM drivers thing from their site. I don't know if it'll help, but someone put up a link to the download in their review of the dongle, saying that only through that download was he able to use the dongle with windows 7 64x. I'll uninstall bluesoleil and see what happens.

EDIT: Ok, so I tried it with the regular add device via bluetooth method, and it didn't work properly. It recognized the wiimote and said that it installed the drivers, but, whenever I tried to pair up the wiimote with Dolphin, my PC said that it was trying to install drivers, and it failed repeatedly because the wiimote was repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting, or at least that's what it was saying. I took the batteries out, and it still was acting like the wiimote was disconnecting and reconnecting over and over. Any help here?
why does anyone use bluesoleil? I dont understand... I just stuck my bluetooth dongle in the usb port and windows installed the generic bluetooth driver. I really dont get why people are paying money for a program that is nothing more than a lame gui for functionality that you they have.