Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: LLE Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know the LLE speed is fairly poor, but I was wondering if there is a way to speed up audio output with LLE? I can stand the slow speeds but I just want to audio to be output at full speed if that is possible.
I think we have to wait for this :p. I'm wondering the same.
the reason that HLE is so fast is because it uses HLE Jit. There is no LLE jit, therefore it lags TERRIBLY
(08-04-2010, 11:22 AM)shawnanastasio Wrote: [ -> ]the reason that HLE is so fast is because it uses HLE Jit. There is no LLE jit, therefore it lags TERRIBLY

um, i thought it was the other way around. I think lle has the jit and hle doesn't
(08-04-2010, 11:22 AM)shawnanastasio Wrote: [ -> ]the reason that HLE is so fast is because it uses HLE Jit. There is no LLE jit, therefore it lags TERRIBLY

I'm not referring to the speed the games run at, I'm referring to the speed of the audio output and want to know if it's possible to make it output audio as fast as HLE.
Once you get the actual game speed to 100%, sound will also be fine. Should.
LLE has the Jit, because it works like Dolphin itself, emulating a different architecture on x86. HLE just doesn't care about the underlying implementation and provides the functionality on a higher level of abstraction (hence the names, Low Level Emulation vs. High Level Emulation)
I guess what Xtreme2damax wants is rather to be able to hear what sound output the LLE plugin gives out now. Because the way it is right now it's hard to tell if all the issues the HLE plugin is having will be solved with the LLE plugin...and I guess the "Once you get the actual game speed to 100%" won't happen in the near future Wink
It might work for less CPU intense games (wasnt SSBM one of them?), havent really had a serious run with LLE, only testing for my changes as of yet.
Theres also a feature request for sound dumping in order to check if LLE would be correct if it were 100% speed, but thats not gonna happen soo either (unless someone knows his job and wants to contribute there)
The main reason I was asking was for testing audio output for Zelda Ucode games such as SMG, SMG2, ZTP, ZWW. This is very difficult to do because the audio doesn't output at 100% because the game speed isn't 100%.

So I was wondering if there is a way to unsync LLE audio and output faster than the video output?

Another thing, as long as game speed is never 100% for all games constantly, LLE won't be a viable solution for these audio issues. I feel time should also be spent improving the already fast HLE plugin, other emulators HLE the audio among other things so I feel it is possible to solve most issues with the HLE plugin.
that's true...especially since in many games audio is practically perfect with the HLE plugin already...it's just 2-3 major issues (like SMG-BMG-cutouts and missing instruments in many GC games) and some sound quality tinkering that's to be done I guess...