Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Mario Galaxy 2 Fatal ErroR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi Everyone

First sorry for my bad english i come from germany

My Problem is when i played super Mario Galaxy 2 it runs pretty good 40-60 fps sometimes slowdownes but who cares :-D

but after few minutes of playing i get a error : something like that: Fifo is too fast .. pls change Watermark tightness do get more stable or someting like that

Can sombody help me pls to fix that problem because game is awesome ...

PC Specs :

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 2 * 3,6 ghz OC
3 GB Ram DDR 3 800 Mhz
Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT
MSI P35 Neo-F mainboard

Pls help me

best wishes

ReaL_DX
here's a whole big thread full of help Smile http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-9455.html
Thx for super fast reply :-)
Kein Problem Wink

EDIT: Naaah, cuz I'm having my good day: Before you spend hours in search for answers...

There are three big problems in SMG2:
1. The music cuts out after a few minutes (nothing you can do about it but wait for a fix by the devs)

2. After getting a grand star the screen goes black and nothing happens. A workaround is unchecking all the boxs in the DSP (audio) plugin settings. Then you have to play the whole level again (it doesn't work to make a save state before the boss or getting the star), after the cutscene the game is saved and you can activate sound again.

3. The FIFO crashes. You need to have a recent build (just follow the link in my sig and go to download)..when you've got it set up, you rightclick on SMG2 and go to properties...there you'll be able to set the watermark value. You have to play around with it, but generally you'll need a higher value...try 200 or something.
And and in Dolphin config deactivate "lock threads to core" if it's activated.

Good luck
Ach hier gibts deutsche User ? das natürlich geil :-) Hast du auch so ein problem schonmal gehabt oder bin ich da allein -.-
look at my edit. Yeah, there's a lot of Germans here, of course...but people don't like it when a different language is used...me neither Wink so please try to stick to English.
Ok THx man your the best .. have you icq or something like that for a live talk ?
No prob, naaah, not really. I don't do chatting anymore *g*
hmm ok but the Fifo crashes still there :-( is there a fix for it ... like a patch or something like that ... self error in the first mario galaxy too :-(
nope, there's no real fix for it, but you can use a build before r5681, then you won't have those FIFO crashes...then however, you will have other black screen issues if you set resolution, EFB scale or SSAA too high...well, try Wink
Pages: 1 2 3