Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The Blurry Block of Doom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

IcySon55

In my endeavors testing games on Dolphin, I've noticed a continuous bug that appears in every game. It also changes size depending on your resolution.

The following are two examples:
Click the thumbnails for the actual size.

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption:
Info Image
<< Click to see the area shaded blue with some information.
[Image: a_prime_example_thumb.png]

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess:
Info Image
<< Click to see the area shaded blue with some information.
[Image: twilight_princess_thumb.png]
A close-up of the edge of the "block":
[Image: twilight_princess_obvious_thumb.png]

The Metroid Prime 3 screenshot was taken by someone in the MP3 thread and the Twilight Princess shot was taken by yours truly to show that it's not a problem on my end.

Wondering if anyone else has noticed or if this has already been taken care of because I can't find anything on this issue anywhere on the forums.
switch to a newer version with the new efb to ram method, or switch to efb to texture.

IcySon55

So the plug-ins are updated independently of the main program then...at least I assume you meant to update the plug-ins as I have the latest version of Dolphin. It does occur for both the OpenGL and Direct3D plug-ins by the way.
(08-03-2010, 05:28 PM)IcySon55 Wrote: [ -> ]So the plug-ins are updated independently of the main program then...at least I assume you meant to update the plug-ins as I have the latest version of Dolphin. It does occur for both the OpenGL and Direct3D plug-ins by the way.

Which version of Dolphin do you have? (2.0 is not the latest, though it is the latest official release)

IcySon55

I have since updated to Lectrode's 6037 Build running SSE4.1 for our Core 2 Quad CPUs with the ZTPv5 speed-up patch which is exactly one of the games I was setting up for a friend. The blurriness was significantly reduced almost to the point of being impossible to notice. Though you can still see it if you look closely enough. Twilight Princess along with Wind Waker are running much smoother than on standard 2.0 with the occasional slowdown and graphical glitches in specific parts.

All in all, very nice. Especially playing both games at 1680x1050! Heart