Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to use memorycard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okey so I've now got Re Remake running sollid with 30 fps on my system but I cannot save my game.. at the beginning the game tells me the memorycard is not formatted.. so I load up a dummy in both A and B mem slot.. then I can get in the game, but cannot save

anyone a solution to this?

How can I use the emu memcard slots?

Thnx
when it says it needs to format the memory cards LET IT format them. that will create the memory cards
Yeah, I have a problem, too.
I let Dolphin create the memorycards and it went well for almost a month.
I played the whole day yesterdag (super paper mario (GC)) and now when I try to load my game it says:
"An invalid device is inserted in slot A Please remove it and insert a memorycard."
I realy don't understand, how can this happen?

So I looked op my memorycard and I see two files.
MemoryCardA.USA 0kb
and
SRAM 64kb

Can anyone help me?
Try my MC http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LA52YMJ5
You can copy(import) save or edit it in Dolphin-Tools-Memcard Manager
And how exactly does that work?
Why wouldn't you just do that
I understand, thank you Smile

UltimaPi

I'm going to shamelessly bump this, because I had this problem as well.

Dl'd Dolphin 2.0, toyed with the controller settings, then went to load a game.

Said (default) memory card is corrupted and needed to be formatted, and... it didn't format when I chose to format it. Messed around with Memory card configs, set it to Dummy, Dolphin generates a USA-region memcard, and so I use that instead.

Same thing.

tl;dr - Dolphin can't use the memory cards it auto-generates? While it's nice to gank someone else's memory card, it's a tad inconvenient.

All settings were default, out of the zipfile, except memcard and controller, obviously.
dont change any of the settings for memcard, allow the game to format the memcard and everything is fine

dummy is just that a dummy device that will not work to save games to

Rick123

Hi, I'm having the same problem. My MC does not work, i was playing Paper Maio- Thousand-year door and now it doesn't open anymore!
I tried to replace the MC with this one above wich someone put to download, it work, but i lose my saved game...I didn't understand if I can import the saved game or not. If i can how do i do? If not, will the memory card do it again after playing another game?
Thank You !

PS: I'm using Dolphin 3.0, my game is running at 40 fps +-
Pages: 1 2