Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 2.0:Mario Kart Wii settings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all Smile

I would like to know what is the best settings to run Mario Kart Wii properly or at 60 FPS because when i run MKW,it runs under 40 FPS and/or even slower in gameplay(30-45)

My computer is very very fast so my specs arent a problem
Q9550 @ 4.1Ghz
4GB RAM at 990Mhz
GTX 275

Please help? ThanksSmile
(08-01-2010, 02:49 PM)computerfreak09 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all Smile

I would like to know what is the best settings to run Mario Kart Wii properly or at 60 FPS because when i run MKW,it runs under 40 FPS and/or even slower in gameplay(30-45)

Q9550 @ 4.1Ghz
4GB RAM at 990Mhz
GTX 275

Please help? ThanksSmile

mario kart wii ntsc settings
fullspeed stable at 60 fps

general tab
enable dual core
enable idle skipping
hle the ipl
jit recompiler

display tab
leave default options except for resolution that you must set as the same
as your native screen resolution for the fullscreen

wii tab
leave default

plugins tab graphics
d3d settings

d3d tab
vsync check
aspect ratio force 16:9
ssa mode if you can afford 4x or 9x go for it, else leave as none
enable cpu efb access to have a proper map

enhancements tab
efb scaled copy

advanced tab
enable efb copy to texture
use native mips

sound plugin

controls configuration up to yourself

hklcf

(08-01-2010, 03:16 PM)drakex99 Wrote: [ -> ]

Q9550 @ 4.1Ghz
4GB RAM at 990Mhz
GTX 275

Please help? ThanksSmile

general tab
enable dual core
enable idle skipping
hle the ipl
jit recompiler

display tab

wii tab
leave default

plugins tab graphics
d3d settings

d3d tab
vsync check

enhancements tab
efb scaled copy

advanced tab
use native mips

sound plugin

many thanks, work fine for me~
download one of the new svns. with 2.0 i have slowdowns at some points but i use r5960 and have full speed everywhere. same goes for nsmb.

Q9550 @ 4.1Ghz
4GB RAM at 990Mhz
GTX 275

Please help? ThanksSmile

general tab
enable dual core
enable idle skipping
hle the ipl
jit recompiler

display tab

wii tab
leave default

plugins tab graphics
d3d settings

d3d tab
vsync check

enhancements tab
efb scaled copy

advanced tab
use native mips

sound plugin

It's better,not exactly 60fps for me though...but my eyes think it is =p even though dolphin says its 50-57fps =p maybe its just reading wrong but i dont know

anyways thank you very much Smile better than playing with lag Rolleyes

oh btw am i the only one that when im about to start the race,once it shows my character it starts lagging(when it shows the character i am and the things around him/her) then it stops in like 5 secs and all of a sudden its fine? it doesnt really bother me but it does get annoying sometimes

oh btw my SSA mode had to be in the lowest sadly, because on the highest it got 30-40 fps but it was still too slow for me.

EDIT:Wait a minute..all of a sudden it was a perfect 60fps and the lag that usually happens in the beginning didnt happen..but thats in Delfino Square
maybe it depends how much detail there is on the map....then again...Delfino Square has a lot of detailing...
(08-03-2010, 04:56 AM)computerfreak09 Wrote: [ -> ]

Q9550 @ 4.1Ghz
4GB RAM at 990Mhz
GTX 275

Please help? ThanksSmile

general tab
enable dual core
enable idle skipping
hle the ipl
jit recompiler

display tab

wii tab
leave default

plugins tab graphics
d3d settings

d3d tab
vsync check

enhancements tab
efb scaled copy

advanced tab
use native mips

sound plugin

It's better,not exactly 60fps for me though...but my eyes think it is =p even though dolphin says its 50-57fps =p maybe its just reading wrong but i dont know

oh btw am i the only one that when im about to start the race,once it shows my character it starts lagging(when it shows the character i am and the things around him/her) then it stops in like 5 secs and all of a sudden its fine? it doesnt really bother me but it does get annoying sometimes

oh btw my SSA mode had to be in the lowest sadly, because on the highest it got 30-40 fps but it was still too slow for me.

EDIT:Wait a minute..all of a sudden it was a perfect 60fps and the lag that usually happens in the beginning didnt happen..but thats in Delfino Square
maybe it depends how much detail there is on the map....then again...Delfino Square has a lot of detailing...

starting race with fps drop only happens here when i get a new revision of dolphin and i start mario kart for the first 2 times, after playing a few courses it wont lag anymore, looks like its some kind of cache feature the emulator have, not really sure but its how it works here
(08-04-2010, 03:31 AM)drakex99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2010, 04:56 AM)computerfreak09 Wrote: [ -> ]

Q9550 @ 4.1Ghz
4GB RAM at 990Mhz
GTX 275

Please help? ThanksSmile

general tab
enable dual core
enable idle skipping
hle the ipl
jit recompiler

display tab

wii tab
leave default

plugins tab graphics
d3d settings

d3d tab
vsync check

enhancements tab
efb scaled copy

advanced tab
use native mips

sound plugin

starting race with fps drop only happens here when i get a new revision of dolphin and i start mario kart for the first 2 times, after playing a few courses it wont lag anymore, looks like its some kind of cache feature the emulator have, not really sure but its how it works here

thats exactly what happens to me! all of a sudden it gets "used to it"....im guessing it is the cache.
quit with the crap. I got far worse pc than yours and it runs fullspeed. tip: dl newest rev. settings wiimote new plugin. it will lag. then in game (before startign course) connect wiimote and disconnect wiimote, then you see gamecube controller. next turn off framelimit. go play course and now it goes 150% speed. if it is to fast set fps on 60.
Hey Guys!

I'm running a Intel Core 2 Quad @2,66GHz and 4GB RAM and an ATI Radeon HD 4550.

Is that enugh for playing Mario Kart Wii ?

I really can't get it to work... it always runs with about 20 FPS... Sad

what about frame skipping?

Thank you!

I don't get lag with single player. However, anytime I tried to play with multiple players, the game became unplayable, on any setting (with most revisions). I found when I use rev 5739, I can make it where the vps is actually showing 300% while my fps are 60 (vsynced) and the game is running at normal speed. Also, whenever my frames do drop, sometimes to low 50's, the game speed doesn't slow down and the vps is still showing well above 200%. To do this try the following settings with revision 5739 (I use lectrodes build with se3 but I bet any other builds of the same revision will do the same) disable frame limiting and audio throttle, then set vsync to on, the vps of the game will run up to 300%, while frames will be a steady 60fps, oh and the game remains running at the correct speed. Played with 4 players this way and no lag. Now, if your pc cant handle it (if your dolphin threads are maxing your cores out) than this wont help. In my case, I have some cpu overhead left while playing it multiplayer and yet the frames would still drop causing the game to slow down. So now, I still get the frames dropping but no slowdowns.
Pages: 1 2