Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Am I doing something wrong or what?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hungry_EC

I have been using pretty much the lowest settings possible on my dolphin emulator but Zelda: The Twilight Princess is lagging a ton. It all works fine with creating my new save file and the loading cutscene with me on a horse but once I hit start and it starts to move to the first custscene of the game I hit 0-1FPS

Sony Vaio EC

i5 520m
4GB DDR3 RAM
Ati 5650 overclocked @ 640mhz clock and 910mhz memory speed

Sorry for such a silly question, but I thought this processor would be good enough to run at least a gamecube game.

If anyone has a program for overclocking the i5 520m (I don't need a lecture on overclocking laptops I know what I'm doing) that would be nice too lol
dolphin-emu.org/performance.html

user forum search, "twillight princess"

And if you need "program for overclocking" a laptop then no, you don't know what you're doing but eh it's yours and anything that'd happen on it is of no concern to us, so yeah, do whatever you want with it.
*sigh*
http://www.dolphin-emu.org/configuration...ation.html

Should be in a sticky or something. These topics will never stop appearing.

And no, there is nothing wrong with your processor. It will bump from the stock 2.4 to 2.93ghz due to turbo boost while playing, and your graphics card is adequate.
It will probably play any wii game at high fps (except hyrule field in ZTP, and mario galaxy games)
You just used efb -> ram, openGL plugin, framelimiter & audio throttle etc.. Hence getting low fps