Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help me please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Spidercow

I am a newbe at using this program and when i try to run the game marvel nemesis rise of the imperfects.iso it keeps on crashing. All my settings are default. I am running on vista and i have all the updates for nvidia. heres a picture.....

[Image: help.jpg]

LuisR14

did you also install the Visual C++ 2008 Redist from the Dolphin Requirements thread? Smile
Can you get (do you have legal access to?) other games to run, or is it just marvel nemesis that's crashing? I'd try things like enabling or disabling the Dynarec (option in the main config window) and see if you can't get it to at least boot. It's also possible, although unlikely, that you've got faulty graphics card drivers.

I'm betting money on marvel nemesis just not working in Dolphin, although I could be quite mistaken. There are still a pretty good handful of games that refuse to boot or crash upon loading. They've stamped out most of the bugs, but a few always linger in as massive a project as Dolphin has become.

If you have a copy lying around, I'd try Dolphin out with something that we all know works (Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, etc, if you have any of those) and see if you can't get it to just run. From there, start tinkering with options and see if you can't get this other game to boot.

Hmm... do we have a universal "demo" app on site that folks can run if they don't have access to a common game? That would be best.

Spidercow

(05-04-2009, 12:08 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]did you also install the Visual C++ 2008 Redist from the Dolphin Requirements thread? Smile

no i didnt ;(
(05-04-2009, 12:14 PM)thegamefreak0134 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you get (do you have legal access to?) other games to run, or is it just marvel nemesis that's crashing? I'd try things like enabling or disabling the Dynarec (option in the main config window) and see if you can't get it to at least boot. It's also possible, although unlikely, that you've got faulty graphics card drivers.

I'm betting money on marvel nemesis just not working in Dolphin, although I could be quite mistaken. There are still a pretty good handful of games that refuse to boot or crash upon loading. They've stamped out most of the bugs, but a few always linger in as massive a project as Dolphin has become.

If you have a copy lying around, I'd try Dolphin out with something that we all know works (Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, etc, if you have any of those) and see if you can't get it to just run. From there, start tinkering with options and see if you can't get this other game to boot.

Hmm... do we have a universal "demo" app on site that folks can run if they don't have access to a common game? That would be best.

I turned off the Dynarec now it shows a black screen
(05-04-2009, 12:16 PM)Spidercow Wrote: [ -> ]no i didnt ;(

Recommended to install Wink