Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Different game views; why not connect to a server and download box art?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Perhaps some of you have seen the interface of USB Loader GX, a homebrew app that runs Wii games from an external hard drive. Here is a video of someone showing off his collection of games on USB Loader GX, so that those of you who haven't worked with it can see what the interface looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA6c1GtkPsU

Obviously the Dolphin has bigger things to code than cosmetic changes, but I decided to throw this idea out there: it would be awesome for Dolphin to (optionally) connect to a server (perhaps the same one that USB Loader GX uses) and download image files for each game in one's Dolphin list to allow for different game views than just the standard list.

This brings back the feel of having a game, rather than just having a file.
I did Some search and found out that this UsbLoaderGX downloads the box arts from www.wiitdb.com (wii titles database), it would not be impossible to make something like that but it would be probably very hard and I ain't sure if its worth the hard work.....
This would be great!
Im tired of seeing the small images that sometimes dont even load.
That user interface would be perfect for dolphin ! Although all they have to do is get wii channels working in the wii menu... &nd then we would be able to use that since the games are already on your hard drive...
That would be very nice.. but really is it more important than actual emulation??? maybe once it is a perfect emu than we can worry about pictures of wii games.