Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Been out for while...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So what's the most important (or noticeable) changes the emu has had over the last 1000 revisions?
Performance and stability Big Grin
The new hybrid efb to ram, dx10/11 plugin, opencl texture decoder, general bug fixes, probably more but I don't want to think right now.

By the way, welcome back.

Edit: OMG! I can't believe I forgot the hyrule field speedup patch.
At least almost perfect (in terms of accuracy) pixel shader generator. Many FIFO fixes. Input plugin cleanups. Better OS X compatibility.
Do we support the MotionPlus properly meanwhile? At least that's in the works fwiw though.
Prolly some more stuff as well Wink
the compatability is amazing now..pretty much all games will work on dolphin now
Cool stuff, looks like most issues I've had were solved.

I guess I'll grab a fresh ICC build and test a few games tomorrow.
Pixel shaders and lighting need more work though. Some things in Super Mario Galaxy 2 aren't rendered as they are on the real hardware such as Lubba being pale purple, on the actual hardware he is a brightly illuminated purple. The green plants that stretch when you spin-hit them are just a pale/plain texture instead of rendered properly. What is the deal with the infrared scope in Resident Evil 4, that also isn't rendered properly on any plugin. Undecided

Anyways, yeah there has been quite a few improvements as has been mentioned above. Skid just added MMU support which makes more games boot, numerous JIT optimizations and new JIT instructions, Eternal Darkness and Starfox Adventures now boot and are playable, although Starfox Adventures suffers from the jitters and some rendering issues. Luma's are now rendered properly in Super Mario Galaxy/Super Mario Galaxy 2. Still no fix for music looping issues, but I did figure out that Super Mario Galaxy 2 uses AFC to loop music, but the music stop looping after a while due to the shoddy/buggy AFC looping hack. Sad
(07-31-2010, 08:57 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Pixel shaders and lighting need more work though. Some things in Super Mario Galaxy 2 aren't rendered as they are on the real hardware such as Lubba being pale purple, on the actual hardware he is a brightly illuminated purple. The green plants that stretch when you spin-hit them are just a pale/plain texture instead of rendered properly. What is the deal with the infrared scope in Resident Evil 4, that also isn't rendered properly on any plugin. Undecided

Anyways, yeah there has been quite a few improvements as has been mentioned above. Skid just added MMU support which makes more games boot, numerous JIT optimizations and new JIT instructions, Eternal Darkness and Starfox Adventures now boot and are playable, although Starfox Adventures suffers from the jitters and some rendering issues. Luma's are now rendered properly in Super Mario Galaxy/Super Mario Galaxy 2. Still no fix for music looping issues, but I did figure out that Super Mario Galaxy 2 uses AFC to loop music, but the music stop looping after a while due to the shoddy/buggy AFC looping hack. Sad

I had that one sitting in my HDD for a long time, will be nice to test it once the JIT commit rampage ends. Thanks
[quote='Xtreme2damax' pid='105151' dateline='1280530654']

Anyways, yeah there has been quite a few improvements as has been mentioned above. Skid just added MMU support which makes more games boot, numerous JIT optimizations and new JIT instructions,

ok so really off topic but what is MMU..i have not seen it in the settings at all and how does it work what does it do and how do i use it ?? sorry i was jw....lol

thanx for all the builds Xtreme2damax
MMU is set only in the game inis, it makes the games that needs it work (I have none of those games, seems to be just a few)

As for what it is, I dunno
Pages: 1 2