Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Rumble and crossfire lowers performance???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, I have noticed when playing Wii games (I always use a real wiimote) and rumble enabled the games seem to drop frame rates every time it rumbles... I have tested EXTENSIVELY Mario Galaxy 1, Mario Galaxy2, Zelda twilight princess, Wii mario Kart, Smash bros brawl and new super mario bros Wii and all have the same issue. I have just been playing with rumble off and then the frames jump to 60 flat and solid in SMG. I was wondering how rumble makes this extreme difference, I know it's an amulator and as such needs many more operations to perform the same action on the PC but its just rumble for crying out loud im just a little confused, especially seeing as my 360 conrol while in Wii games or Gamecube the rumble works with no adverse effects.

This one however is just here for those of us using any ATI cards in crossfire mode... TURN IT OFF!!! I have 2 5770s and when crossfire is enabled i get instead of an increase I get a 2-5 frame decrease in performance and some random crashing, turning it off works fine. If you use ATI cards and u have 2 of them then just turn it offf and you will get better stability at least.

BTW My Specs Are...
i7 Quad core 920 2.8 Overclocked to 3.54
Dual ATI Radeon HD 5770s
6GB Triple channel running at 1600 for now till I can get a stable OC out of the 3 sticks
Have you tried a recent revision of Dolphin? <- (to solve the wiimote rumble slowdown issue)
(07-29-2010, 10:41 AM)Billiard26 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried a recent revision of Dolphin? <- (to solve the wiimote rumble slowdown issue)

I am using 5925 cuz some of the new commits make a few games i NEED to play behave strangely so im waiting till those get at least a little more stable before upgrading. Also I have seen this issue since the r48xx era. Before that I had no Wii isos dumped so I cant say if it has always been there... I may just have to try the latest builds. the notes on the SVN archive make me think that speed will really increase and speed is always a plus with such an intense emulator...

HeartHeartHeartI LOVE DOLPHIN IT RULES!!!HeartHeartHeart