Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game slows down after 1minute of play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

keekoso

I'm playing Wind Waker and have every options like the various help posts here suggest. It runs at 27fps 80% speed at the beginning, but then it just drops to 9fps and 11% speed, with no landscape change or any other reason related to the game at all. Is it just my computer?

Is Twilight Princess easier on my pc than Wind WakeR?

Processor: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 3070MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9300M GS
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 960 (32 bit) (60Hz)
your laptop not powerful enough for full speed.
Well, my educated guess is because it goes from displaying an image/playing a video of the nintendo logo, to actually rendering the island during the title screen

also, 2.16 ghz is a joke, and use the opengl plugin with the zelda bloom hack to increase your fps

keekoso

lolol, OK, I got the message.

I actually manage to play and walk through the island, even speak with people and jump through those platforms on the water where the kid says "tell me it's possible to jump there" or wtv. then after a couple of minutes it just goes down to 10fps. I mean, playing at 87% speed is good enough for me

I'll try that opengl, even though it only runs at max 17fps with that.
(07-29-2010, 08:29 AM)keekoso Wrote: [ -> ]lolol, OK, I got the message.

I actually manage to play and walk through the island, even speak with people and jump through those platforms on the water where the kid says "tell me it's possible to jump there" or wtv. then after a couple of minutes it just goes down to 10fps.

I'll try that opengl, even though it only runs at max 17fps with that.

The bloom hack is key

keekoso

yep, openGL is worse.

So, is it normal to drop to 11% speed after a while? I thought that was weird because it means my computer can handle the emulation, but not for too long? meh. Can you please confirm that 1st impression and give me a straightforward answer - should I just let go of the idea of playing on my computer?
the only way that would be true is if it underclocked itself due to rising heat, and yes, you probably have no hope on a 2.16 ghz, but maybe you should get a second opinion

keekoso

That may actually be true, I've even recently bought a cooler for this laptop, it used to shut itself down because of the heat...

great, thanks for the help guys! <3