Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

cleberpaixao

Hi everyone, i'm stuck on Metroid Prime 2 Echoes. I can't scanning violet simbols to open aliens doors, after kill the first boss. Thanks ....
same problem here, i can´t scan violet hologram door after kill the first boss... Sad
G'day, I'm running revision 6199 x64. I did some search for a Metroid Prime 2 thread and found this one so I hope it's okay to post here.

The game region is USA.

The game has minor stutter whenever it has to load something, text is garbled (words consist of the wrong letters) and emulation crashed while looking at the map after getting it from the first map station with a endless loop of errors (could hold enter down for several seconds skipping the errors very fast) about an unsupported OP code or some such, it does not appear to have been logged as I ctrl-alt-deleted to get out of the emulator.

I am going to try latest build (6218) to see if it also crashes. I have read that the EUR and USA regions should work fine and dandy/perfect in one of the sticky threads which had a link to a database of sorts. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=t...rpage=1000)

Also, will there be an option added eventually to allow adjusting the sensitivity to make it so it is easier to slowly pan the camera while retaining fast camera pan when the analog stick is fully pushed (the rate of acceleration iirc)? At the moment it's too sensitive for accurate aiming (corded xbox 360 controller). As at the moment it is hard to do slow camera pans while holding the R-Trigger down.

Edit: As I suspected, one of the audio channels intermittently cuts in and out making the game sound pretty funky, I believe the left and right are out of sync too. Morph Ball cannon special effects seem different too in appearance though I own the Australian version and this is my first time playing US version so it may just be a difference in versions of the game.

Edit: Just got this error message with latest version, no crashes thus far though. I'm right before the missile upgrade trying to do the glitch to skip the cut scene and get the missiles twice.
Quote:---------------------------
Warning
---------------------------
Unknown pointer address prefix 41, report this to the devs: 0x4182001C
Continue?
Yes No

Edit: After getting missile pack without starting cut scene I get this error.
Quote:---------------------------
Warning
Unknown pointer address prefix 8C, report this to the devs: 0x8C040001
Continue?
Yes No

Edit: Another more serious error, emulator crashed in room prior to the first boss (the one that gives the energy transfer module)
Quote:Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Dolphin.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4c96a590
Fault Module Name: Plugin_VideoDX9.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4c96a421
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000000168c4d
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: eaf6
Additional Information 2: eaf6b20dcab388c65d3f2c9100173833
Additional Information 3: 22c5
Additional Information 4: 22c5aca0db8f541366b669e7592a54cf

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=1...cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

So uh, what recent build should I use with this game?
I tried these settings which are for MP 1 PAL and ended up with this crash after having the crane pickup a large crate and take it away to be used as a platform in another area. As you can see it is the exact same error as before but transpired at a different point in the game. I assume there is a bug in the Direct3D9 video plugin?

Looking at the SVN changelog it appears a fair bit of work is being done to the video plugins so I may try v2.0 or some such and see how it goes.
Quote:Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Dolphin.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4c96a590
Fault Module Name: Plugin_VideoDX9.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4c96a421
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000000168c4d
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 220b
Additional Information 2: 220b27277e42aba13eddeef95e3dd5ee
Additional Information 3: aaea
Additional Information 4: aaea75176b7e1b2306cfd87e4559dff8

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=1...cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Dolphin 2.0 doesn't run the game well at all so I tried revision 6218 again but with the OpenGL renderer and Direct Sound. Now the game appears to run stable with no visual artifacts except when firing a charged beam shot (big distorted square anyone?) and the left and right audio channels don't go out of sync, however music seems to play less frequently this way for whatever reason.

My main problem with OpenGL is that it is significantly more sluggish then Direct3D9 though Direct3D9 is probably just as slow once the crashes are fixed >.>

I'll wait for the plugin changes to complete, like the merging of common code between them etc. and then have another stab at the game.
d3d is better than opengl now...it used to be the other way around but yea not so much anymore.....try running mp2 in JitiL....there might be less crashes.
the crashes seem related to the plugins though, not the emulator.
build 6318 x64, crashes still occur and using HLE audio results in left and right getting out of sync, randomly lack of music in areas or one channel not playing.

ffelix

(09-05-2010, 11:04 PM)xXPACOXx Wrote: [ -> ]same problem here, i can´t scan violet hologram door after kill the first boss... Sad

sure! im having the same problem, i cant read the violet holograms after reading the 1st one in the room with the alien guy, did you guys found the solution?