Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: XBOX 360 Gamepad help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Durfish

I have a pdp Afterglow 360 Gamepad and it works with the emulator but I am encountering a problem using it. When I push the left thumbstick diagonally, say to move up and right, I can only push it slightly or else it will, for whatever reason, read it as if I push it down/left. It makes the games very difficult to play and I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.
By the way, I also use Project 64 and the gamepad works fine on that emulator.
Which Dolphin version are you using and which input plugin.
This is information you should have had in your original post. :/

Slizyboy

(07-28-2010, 01:11 PM)Durfish Wrote: [ -> ]I have a pdp Afterglow 360 Gamepad and it works with the emulator but I am encountering a problem using it. When I push the left thumbstick diagonally, say to move up and right, I can only push it slightly or else it will, for whatever reason, read it as if I push it down/left. It makes the games very difficult to play and I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

I'm experiencing the same issue, except I'm just using a vanilla Xbox 360 controller. Using r7484, XInput plugin / whatever comes with the emulator by default that reads the 360 controller. Seems like the flip-point is at about 50%. Only the Y axis seems to flip, not the X axis.

Edit: Win7 Ultimate 32-bit.

Edit2: Strangely enough, pressing stop, then play again, seems to have fixed it. Not sure what a total program restart will do, I can't test that now due to time.

Ethenndac

(04-27-2011, 05:06 AM)Slizyboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2010, 01:11 PM)Durfish Wrote: [ -> ]I have a pdp Afterglow 360 Gamepad and it works with the emulator but I am encountering a problem using it. When I push the left thumbstick diagonally, say to move up and right, I can only push it slightly or else it will, for whatever reason, read it as if I push it down/left. It makes the games very difficult to play and I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

I'm experiencing the same issue, except I'm just using a vanilla Xbox 360 controller. Using r7484, XInput plugin / whatever comes with the emulator by default that reads the 360 controller. Seems like the flip-point is at about 50%. Only the Y axis seems to flip, not the X axis.

Edit: Win7 Ultimate 32-bit.

Edit2: Strangely enough, pressing stop, then play again, seems to have fixed it. Not sure what a total program restart will do, I can't test that now due to time.

Hello there.

This thread is relevant to my interests as I've got the same problem with a wired Xbox 360 controller.
I think it's a problem relative to the Xinput driver delivered by Microsoft (users experienced issues with it in other games) and maybe if we could switch it with another driver for the controller (like XBCD, for example), it'll work.
The con is that the XBCD driver only work with wired Xbox 360 controllers for an unknown reason. :/
The strange thing is when you said that the controller works fine with Project 64.

By the way, i'm using the latest version of Dolphin (r7476) with Win7 Pro x64.