Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Tales of symphonia GC not perfect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

Tales of symphonia is a very good game,maybe the best

Dolphin is an emulator for game cube(native)

The emulation for Tales of symphonia is not perfect :

The graphic is almost perfect and the game is also fullspeed

But there is a problem,it's the sound,the issue have been noticed by much dev

but unfortunately ,nobody have fixed this issue...

The issue is wrotten here : http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...39&q=tales

PLease dev,fix this issue on the soundBig Grin

Thanks in advance
Yeah, I noticed that.

For example, when I'm fighting, the normal battle theme sounds choppy, like there are some missing instruments. I hope they fix this Big Grin
sound is one of the hardest things to fix so don't expect it too be fixed anytime soon

Arato

Not only do I get the choppy sound and missing instruments in Tales of Symphonia, but I get really bad slowdowns particularly in combat, under 30 fps and all that, I have an i5-750 cpu, and an ATI Raedon HD5770 all up to date with drivers I don't understand why it's emulating a gamecube game so slowly at 640x480 native resolution..
I find the game runs at perfect speed but yeah the music is really out of sync. It sounds like the music was performed by someone who's lied at the interview and only had 2 or 3 keyboard lessons.

Shame really. coz its a great game.

Arato

For me the animation of moves and such isn't choppy like there's framerate drops, it looks smooth but it's just.. in slow motion.. I don't really get it.
to fix chopopy sound use JiTiL (64bit in my case) ,and sound have no problems anymore.
Hello

What is your revision ?please can you take a screen on your configuration ?

Thanks in advanceBig Grin
i will upload build later today ,i have some urgent stuff to finish first.but i also have only x64 build atm ,i didn't installed compiler,and i am too lazy to do it.so it will be x64 bit only.

-----------------------------------------------------------

*Edit

added under my link in signature.
use JiTiL instead of JiT and enable audio throttle.(fix for choppy sound)
i also use vsync enabled but thats up to u.
you shouldnt complain somethign isnt perfect, dolphin cant emulate gamecube 100% perfect yet(if maybe ever perfectly) if it bothers you jsut play it on gamecube
Pages: 1 2