Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: rivaTuner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so i just OC my nvidia graphics card by 60mgz or something close to that and i got a little speedboost in super mario galaxy and a like 100% speed boost in alot of my gamecube games especially super mario sunshine...but anyway offtopic

I was going thru the riva Tuner and found that it has settings for directX and open GL....is there anything in there tht we could change to optimize dolphin or just make it a better plugin period?
Haha, you managed a 60mgz oc on a laptop?
Though I haven't messed around with Rivera tuner before, I use EVGA precision.
But who knows.. What does it say under those tabs?
ok so the d3d direct draw tabs has:...

mipmapping, intellisample, lma shaders, blitting, vsync, textures, compatability, antialiasing

the open gl has

mipmapping, intellisample, vsync, back/depth buffering, rendering quality, compatabliity, professional, antialiasing
If you don't know what you're doing don't tweak advanced settings in rivatuner. But if you want to attempt light optimizations you can try.
[Image: 2rwt30y.png]

You can also turn intellisample to 10 or high performance & under professional or antialiasing, 'enhance application settings'.

There is little reason to use opengl anyways, but if you want to, go ahead.. dx9 is superior though.

You are using a laptop so chances are full speed wont be attainable on some games either way (unless it has a really good cpu/gpu)
I think it is...it gets about 75-100% on super mario galaxy...and almost full speed on metroid prime games...lol Tongue but yea...i was just wondering thts all and there is a direct X tab too