Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it in any way possible to OC a HP Pavillion PC??????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ive checked in alot of different places to see if this is possible without a pin mod and havent found anything...but then i was reading a post on here about a person...i reallly dont remember it that well but i do remember that he had just got done overclocking his pc and it was a hp pavillion so if anyone can help please help Tongue thanx
Why can't you just check it yourself? Go into the bios setup and check to see if their are any options for it. If their aren't then use software instead.
ive tried..ive looked several times on the internet...but i cant seem to find anything....hp pavillion laptops completely lock you out of the Bios networking....... :S
I am 99% sure that there is no way to unlock it, short of modifying the bios yourself and adding the features and/or physically modifying the processor, as intel/amd can lock the clock/voltage processors
You can try searching for a hacked bios for the motherboard but flash it at your own risk
since it's a proprietary factory mobo there is a nearly 100% chance the manufacturer has physically disabled overclocking or tweaking of any hardware related settings (besides boot order)

You could try software solutions like clockgen (works only on limited chipsets), if you are out of options.
Even that could fail though & your cpu frequency simply can't be changed with your current mobo
http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=189