Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Has anyone been able to get Wind Waker's sound and music working perfectly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MJMax

This is my first post here, BTW.

Yesterday I downloaded the release version of Dolphin 2.0. When I played Wind Waker, I finally was able to get the graphics working near perfectly, but the title screen and intro music were skipping like crazy.

Today I finally discovered the SVN versions of Dolphin. I just downloaded the latest version, 5977. The new version also had a "Direct3D 11" version installed, so I used that instead.

Still, the title screen and intro music skips. And now I'm getting weird flickering artifacts too. But ignore those for now, this topic's about the sound.

So has anyone been able to get the sound (including the title screen and intro music) working perfectly? Thanks.

Specs:
Core i7 920 @ ~3.6GHz
ATI Radeon HD 5870
6GB of random G.Skill RAM

MJMax

Nobody?
go to dsp config and change it to OpenAL ... this _might_ work...

MJMax

I did try that, the music might have been a little bit more consistent, but it was making that crinkly noise that speakers sometimes make. It was very poor quality sound.

But again, has anyone been able to get Wind Waker's sound and music working perfectly?
(07-27-2010, 10:47 AM)MJMax Wrote: [ -> ]I did try that, the music might have been a little bit more consistent, but it was making that crinkly noise that speakers sometimes make. It was very poor quality sound.

But again, has anyone been able to get Wind Waker's sound and music working perfectly?

The intro lags a little bit for me but the game plays good music and all.
The game thread also states it's working well.

I found with dolphin you have to keep a lot of revisions on hand, I like to make individual folders for my games and just keep the working revision in the folder with the game.

The emulators touchy, one wrong setting clicked and it's really easy to gimp a game and not realize whats wrong.

All I can suggest is make sure your all updated and try out a few fresh revisions.

I find the constant builds @ www.dolphin-emu.org to be choice.

ATi 4870x2
Core 2 duo E8600.
8 gigs of ram.