Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Temp Solution For SMG 1 & 2 Sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys i just wanted to share my temp solution to the sound problems in both smg 1 & 2.

ok this may look like a rly stupid solution but its actually quite fun basically all you do is download the super mario galaxy 1 & 2 mp3 soundtracks and then when playing the game wait for the music to cut out. then you can use something like windows media player to play the bgm for the corresponding stages whilst you play i know its stupid but i did this with brawl by turning down the music ingame so you could only here sounds and then i'd play some music with my player whilst i was battling.

note: i have only tried this with smg 1 i have yet to try with smg 2.
You're right, that is really stupid.

Actually, do you know that you can extract the music files from the ISO using Dolphin, and then play them using Winamp and the right audio plugin?
aww kl i guess that would be better than downloading the soundtrack what do u mean by the right audio plugin
Really needs a more permanent solution, an actual fix.

The problem with Super Mario Galaxy 2 is buggy AFC looping, Super Mario Galaxy may have the same problem but I'm unsure since the developers keep insisting that it doesn't use AFC, but PCM16 instead.

I tried sending a message to ector to see if he had any ideas or suggestions how to fix the current AFC looping hack, but I haven't heard back from him yet.
Funny this was brought up, jpeterson57 made a mod playing the music with the winAmp plugin way back around r1xxx, but there were problems detecting when music was played, so the amount of missing sound was about the same as now...
cough cough musicmod.
I never liked the music mod, not only could I never get it to work, it was a hacky workaround at best and not all audio worked with it for whoever could get it to work.
A fix for the smg music would be awesome. Thank you for working on it xtreme2damax!
Another Super mario-related sound bug is the missing sounds from the toads and piantas in SM Sunshine. But a fix for that is probably far away.
(07-25-2010, 07:42 AM)MushroomKingdom Wrote: [ -> ]Another Super mario-related sound bug is the missing sounds from the toads and piantas in SM Sunshine. But a fix for that is probably far away.

Wasn't that fixed a while back? Probably a later revision broke it again if these sounds aren't working.