Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Ebay Controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have a question. Does all noname Controller (from ebay, no Nintendo) work with dolphin? And does all Bluetooth-sticks work? Should i chose a COM-port in the connection options?

Sorry for my bad eglish ;-)

MFG

TheLazyMan
no, all fakes will not work with dolphin. Even older versions of nyko wand refuse to connect to a PC at all (though the newer ones should)

Just don't buy the $5 trashy motes, most like WU-brand knockoffs and some $15 dollar fakes are adequate. You could be in for a disappointment if you buy the cheapest chinese fake available

Quote:And does all Bluetooth-sticks work? Should i chose a COM-port in the connection options?

Yes they should as long as you install ms/broadcom/bluesoleil stack. Once it's installed you don't need to tweak any settings in dolphin.
Just click on pair-up wiimotes, press 1&2 on wiimote and the BT dongle will start searching for wiimote and pair it
but the original nintendo controller is 100% kompatible?
My fake ones work, but I've heard of problems with other people. I've had trouble connecting a second wiimote, but I'm pretty sure that's more to do with the cheapo bluetooth dongle.

Personally, I'd say it's worth the risk for the cheaper price, but I'm a tight-ass.
(07-21-2010, 09:06 PM)thelazyman Wrote: [ -> ]but the original nintendo controller is 100% kompatible?

yes, genuine nintendo wiimote will 100% work with dolphin.
And its not an ebay branded controller...
It is a replica, built to mimic a real nintendo wiimote, at a price you may feel is worth the $$.
You may want to list the actual brand, it might help.
The controllers are so expensive. And it's realy difficult to find out, which are fakes and which not. In ebay, it has controller, they look like a original nintendo controller, but i dont know if it is a fake or not.

sorry for my bad english, again ^^
I got a classic controller from ebay about a year ago, that one worked well.. If it looks legit, it more than likely is legit..
Whats the price on it btw? Does the pic of it look generic? Or is it a controller laying on a sofa or something lol
the picture is generic. The price is 20CHF = 19$ (but it is the cheapest controller in switzerland)