Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Peeks and Pokes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since a lot of games need tweaks , run better with opengl/directx or other options..

I currently have a full install of dolphin per game , i know , in this day and age , a few megs isn't going to kill me , but it would be nice to have the option to configure the whole emulator on a per-game basis including what plugins to use and every option for each plugin.

If there is a thread going about this already , i'll gladly go there to read up , but cound't find one.

Kind regards Phoenixxl.
That feature is already implemented. Right click any game in your list and select properties to make settings effective on a per-game basis.
But admittedly, it doesn't have *all* features, including what plugins to use primarily. Still, there is really not much reason to use opengl over dx9 unless the game wont work under dx9 (or 11).

Sound plugin enabling could be a good feature (autoselect between hle and lle plugin, openal/dsound etc)
[Image: 2hhnevm.png]
yeah, I wish that that feature was more complete.
In understand the reluctance to acknowlege this. And yes , of course i know the options per game are there , and yes , i too think they very limited to what can be done.

But the reality for me is , the first thing I do when i try out a new game , is fiddle with the settings , allover the place , to try and get it runing or perform a little better. Messing everything up for the other games that are working.

As I said from the start , I have seperate installs of dolphin per game, for for me this is a non issue .. I just don't think it is a clean elegant solution.

With the increased popularity of the not yet complete but very exciting DX11 plugin for example and the various differnet ways some play glitches can be circumvented , to me it seems a matter of adding everything that is changable in the configuraton per game , so you can configure every game in your list to be playable like you choose . Or work with some kind of loader per game.

As it is currently it also relies on "known" issues and fixes.. issues that crop up every fex SVN's and are suddenly gone a few later... with fixes for them that are allover the place too..

for example in sumer mario sunshine , Where the goop problem was solved by an EFB copy to ram , it suddenly became an EFB-scale issue too .. that went from being solved by choosing integral to now having to choose X2 ... What will be needed 2 svn's from now?... and what a load of maintenance it is to keep these diffeent "patches" updated.

All i'm saying , asking , the person that makes the main GUI for this , consider augmenting this feature.

Kind regards
Phoenixxl
I notice you can manually edit the config script per game, if you get to that dialog and hit the "Edit Config" button at the very bottom(build 5804). I'm not exactly sure if it allows a deeper configuration than the dialog or how config options get added to dolphin, but my thought is if you drop in a new graphics plugin that has new settings to tweak it would (should) register those with dolphin and dolphin manages them per game as it does with the visible options, just that the checkboxes aren't added to that dialog automatically. That's how I would design such a mechanism anyway, so that settings which can break compatibility are never strictly global which have to be changed in between games