Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphics driver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

keoni29

Dolphin needs 1 GB of contigous memory. I dunno, i have 4GB so whats wrong with it?

It saids also it could be a problem with a bad graphics driver. I have 512 mB nivdia GeForce.

I dont know what to do now?
What geforce, what version? 9500, 9800 etc.
Did you run windows update and did you install the newest drivers for you video card?

keoni29

(07-17-2010, 08:24 PM)darkshadw Wrote: [ -> ]What geforce, what version? 9500, 9800 etc.
Did you run windows update and did you install the newest drivers for you video card?
It runs now with the newest version of dolphin, but terribly slow.
It uses almost every drop of CPU! I have a intel Core2 duo E7400 @ 2.80Ghz.

I dont think its the graphics card actually. A graphics card doesn't have any influence on the game speed or does it? Ill check the version and edit later.
(07-17-2010, 11:02 PM)keoni29 Wrote: [ -> ]I dont think its the graphics card actually. A graphics card doesn't have any influence on the game speed or does it? Ill check the version and edit later.

It's a disturbingly common misconception among new users.

Your graphics card draws literally everything you see on the screen when you play. It's just as important as the cpu. Of course it's important, everything is rendered through it.

Anything under geforce 7600 is probably a bit on the slower side for optimal gaming at reasonable resolutions